Which k95 should I get?

saxguy67

The k95 rgb finally came out!!!

I've had the black widow keyboard for some time now and I would like to get a quieter mechanical keyboard. Ive decided on getting the k95 rgb but dont know what switch I should get. I know the browns have the "bump" but no click, and the reds have a smooth actuation point. I do a moderate to low amount of typing and most of the games I play are fps and open world type games. Which switch do you think would be the best for me?

Thanks! :D

I genuinely cannot fathom why people ask this question time and time again. The switches are personal preference. They may be "optimized" but it's about the feel you want to have. If you liked the bump but want slightly less loud then you could also just try putting O-rings on your switches.

if you are adamant on switching to a new keyboard though then browns are very well suited for what you describe but again, it's personal preference.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Personally, i'm a fan of the browns. switch type is purely personal preference, however.

If you'd like to try them out before purchasing, see if a local brick-and-mortar store does so. If not, consider something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Max-Keyboard-Keycap-Cherry-Sampler/dp/B00E71W4O8

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

if the black widow keyboard you have is the stealth edition then it already uses browns so check that,

Personally, i'm a fan of the browns. switch type is purely personal preference, however.

If you'd like to try them out before purchasing, see if a local brick-and-mortar store does so. If not, consider something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Max-Keyboard-Keycap-Cherry-Sampler/dp/B00E71W4O8

+1

Anyone unsure about their first mech board should buy this kit or a kit like it.

It will allow you to hear how loud blues are, and promptly plan your excuses / funeral should they be your favourite, for example.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

if the black widow keyboard you have is the stealth edition then it already uses browns so check that,

2013 edition