Just got a HTC One M8

The_Strict_Nein

It's currently setting up now, but I was wondering what the "must have" android apps were. I think Linus used Power Toggles in his iSwitched review of the M7, so I wanted to try those. Is anti-virus necessary? I heard some hubbub about it being needed on Android. IF so, what's the best free one?

Thanks

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

It's currently setting up now, but I was wondering what the "must have" android apps were. I think Linus used Power Toggles in his iSwitched review of the M7, so I wanted to try those. Is anti-virus necessary? I heard some hubbub about it being needed on Android. IF so, what's the best free one?

Thanks

Anti virus isn't that necessary but if you download a lot of third party apps it should be there.

I use Avast, it's free on Android

CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC MOBO: Asus P8Z77-M RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB. PSU: Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 rev 2 

SSD: 1x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB, 1x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

No need for AV, just common sense is needed. Just look at top apps each category. For me some of the MUST apps are MX player, Airdroid, Skype, Office, Adobe Reader, ES Files Manager, Opera Mini (or what you prefer as a browser) and many others. Just say what sort of apps  you are interested in :)

You should also get Nova launcher it's free and offers a different home screen launcher with a load of customisability, you can get the paid version after you download the free, it gives you more customisation options

you lucky bitch.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Get where's my droid, it is the best phone locator app *if you ever lost/forgot where you left it*

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

I don't have the M8 but I do have the M7. Some of the apps I always have installed are:

As for an Anti Virus. I never use one. If you're smart enough to not go installing every random non-play store app you should be good.

I don't have the M8 but I do have the M7. Some of the apps I always have installed are:

As for an Anti Virus. I never use one. If you're smart enough to not go installing every random non-play store app you should be good.

Replace clean master with CCleaner and that's a good list. Personally I don't use evernote and I use Keep from google as I find it to be simpler and easier to use.

Floppy Golf lol

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

Replace clean master with CCleaner and that's a good list. Personally I don't use evernote and I use Keep from google as I find it to be simpler and easier to use.

I completely forgot CCleaner was on Android. Keep is great aswell. I mostly use Evernote for writing big notes or storing things I want to keep and access from my computer. I use Keep just for quick reminders.

Winamp or any software that has good equalizer capabilities

For me boomsound did not delivered that overall quality as I expected, it is more tuned as a Loudness setting..

but if you can name another music player it would be great, as winamp is still buggy

Winamp or any software that has good equalizer capabilities

For me boomsound did not delivered that overall quality as I expected, it is more tuned as a Loudness setting..

but if you can name another music player it would be great, as winamp is still buggy

Well personally I have been using PlayerPro music player for years now and it works great.

• 9 months later...

I have the same phone.  What xposed modules have you found helpful? Sense 6  5.0.2 ROM. 

Thanks

Have you considered rooting and installing Cyanogenmod?