Evil within system requirements

siberiansteel11

So I read this article about the requirements of Evil within and it says 4gb of VRAM? really? what are your thoughts on this ? and needs an I7? 

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/25/the-evil-within-system-requirements-demand-some-serious-hardware/

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   | 

I think they're heavily over compensating.

Edit: but for max settings you might need it. Although I doubt the i7 is actually required

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Just like when Wolfenstein said it needed an i7. It ran fine (Medium Settings 1080P) on my brother's old Phenom II X6 1045T paired with an old HD 6770. 

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I know it's recommended Was just a little shock about 4gb of vram and yeah I guess an i7 won't be necessary for this game at all 

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   | 

im guessing all those things might be the base minimum for good settings, console ports tends to be complete shit after all :)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

More unique geometry with more unique HiRes textures = needs more VRAM. It's logical.

HARDWARE INTERRUPT MOTHAF#%A!
WINDOWS 10 = adware, driven by spyware

Don't forget that it probably means a first gen i7. My 3570k can run rings around those.
As for the 4GB of VRAM, I smell 4K requirements with AA turned on.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

They are most likely compensating for older hardware as well for the i7 thing as the user above me said, because a current gen i5 can be even faster than a first or second gen i7.... 

The VRAM amount is most likely if you want to achieve the highest texture quality.

And the settings are always prepared for something, because unlike CoD Ghost, I don't think Bethesda would be bluffing requirements. (hopefully)

I'm thinking they might not be compressing anything because the consoles cant handle decompression on the fly (without loosing even more performance) similar to how Titanfall had uncompressed audio making it huge, either that or they just plucked specs out of thin air.

Vanilla metro 2033 had very high res-textures even on 1080p. I guess this game is aiming for the same graphical fidelity but 4 gigs of VRAM seems too much!Maybe they are expecting us to run it on 4k on recommended settings idk?

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

i7 master race checking in. Doubt you will need 4 gb of vram to run that game at 1080p. Maybe 4k haha

AMD didn't expect unified memory to fuck every gamer over since it's conception,....probably didn't expect lazy devs not caring about PC and thought it may be a new-boom.

Apparently too hard to master the porting aspect, so we get 6GB Vram required just because they couldnt re-shrink their unified memory packages to work on more powerful machines with less Vram requirements.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz