Enough Wattage?

EarthboundHero

Okay after much consulting with you guys, I've finally decided on my new GPU. It's going to be this one. I just want to check to make sure I'll have enough wattage to power this thing, my PSU is 550W with 42A on the +12V rail. It's this one here. I'd also like to know if I'd have any overclocking headroom. This PSU is only temporary my next upgrade is going to be to a EVGA Supernova 750W. The rest of my components are in my signature. Thanks.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

You're fine, that doesn't draw a lot of power, you can throw a second card in = more OC potential for one card, last time I checked the Supernova series had 3-4 rails which can screw with your hardware if you wire it wrong.

You're fine, that doesn't draw a lot of power, you can throw a second card in = more OC potential for one card, last time I checked the Supernova series had 3-4 rails which can screw with your hardware if you wire it wrong.

What do you mean I can throw a second card in? Like Crossfire?

Edit: Also here are the outputs of the SuperNOVA

+5V@24A

+3.3V@24A

+12V@62.4A

-12V@0.5A

+5Vsb@2.5A

That's single rail right?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

What do you mean I can throw a second card in? Like Crossfire?

Edit: Also here are the outputs of the SuperNOVA

+5V@24A

+3.3V@24A

+12V@62.4A

-12V@0.5A

+5Vsb@2.5A

That's single rail right?

no those are 4 rails

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

no those are 4 rails

Oh okay, I thought by single rail it was a single +12V rail. My current power supply has the same rails.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Linus says it doesn't matter.
Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

You can xfire with a 750W Supernova, this is true. However that's all good if you enjoy heaving CAUTION HOT SURFACE on your whole computer.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

That PSU is fine with your setup. I do however have to object to your upgrade EVGA PSU. Antec and Seasonic would be a better choice. I've been building systems for nearly 2 decades now, this is the most trusted source for researching power supplies:  http://www.jonnyguru.com/index.php 

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

You can xfire with a 750W Supernova, this is true. However that's all good if you enjoy heaving CAUTION HOT SURFACE on your whole computer.

That PSU is fine with your setup. I do however have to object to your upgrade EVGA PSU. Antec and Seasonic would be a better choice. I've been building systems for nearly 2 decades now, this is the most trusted source for researching power supplies:  http://www.jonnyguru.com/index.php 

Alright thank you guys.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

It actually looks pretty good. http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=380

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler