how to connect tv and comuterscreen at the same time?

kelvin4426
Go to solution Solved by Jodomcfrodo,

Right click on desktop, go to screen resolutoion, and set the multiple display option to extend while both of the screens are plugged in. 

hi i was wondering how to connect my tv and computer screen at the same time. When i want to watch a show and i plug in my hdmi  cord from my tv to my graphics card it works but when/if i leave my dvi from my screen and my graph card my tv just show windows logo and nothing else can see mouse icons or anything but if i unplug the dvi from my screen and graph card my tv turns back on

hi i was wondering how to connect my tv and computer screen at the same time. When i want to watch a show and i plug in my hdmi  cord from my tv to my graphics card it works but when/if i leave my dvi from my screen and my graph card my tv just show windows logo and nothing else can see mouse icons or anything but if i unplug the dvi from my screen and graph card my tv turns back on

The tv is acting as an extended monitor. Just move the mouse to the left or right until you reach that screen (and you can drag windows there). At least thats what it sounds like. 

Anyway, you can verify how the tv and monitors are set up. Plug in the tv and monitor, then right click on the desktop and click personalize and then select "extend display" (if you want them to be two different screens) or "mirror"/"duplicate" (if you want the same thing on both screens) 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Do you want them to display the same thing on two screens?

Hold the windows button and press P. Try "Duplicate"

"Rawr XD"

Right click on desktop, go to screen resolutoion, and set the multiple display option to extend while both of the screens are plugged in. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6