Windows 9 release date rumors update

KTFO|SGTmoody

Windows 9 rumors/ updates posted on techrader 7 hours ago. I dont see it here so here it is!  :

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/windows-9-release-date-news-and-rumours-1029245

There have been previous posts about this before from people like The Verge  But its comming up close to September 30th now. And we are looking to see a release of the windows 9 preview build.  

"As of right now, we expect to see Windows 9 in a preview build (otherwise known as Windows Technical preview) to appear on September 30. The latest report from The Verge and Recode cite sources close to the matter with knowledge that a press preview event will take place on that date."

It will be intresting to see what this build looks and feals like.  Allthough we cant treat this as a final product I hope that part of this is going to bring a few things back and answer to the comunitys craving for the some of the     windows 7 features back such as being able to change text colour in windows!  or, or, OR  a start menu.

" Microsoft has confirmed that it won't be live streaming the event. The company has sent a statement to Winbeta.org stating that "There will be no live stream of the keynote" although one can expect news and content to be posted across all of Microsoft's MSDN blogs."

hopefully there will be some cool guys out there that can give us a better insight to all of this rather than an MSDN blog.  It will be intresting to find out if us avarage Joes will even be able to get our hands on a version of this to just have a play with.  Chances are this will just be for developers soooo yeh...  Unless there is a developer that is extra nice here and likes virtual cookies!

"As for interim releases, we'll probably also get Windows 8.2 before we get Windows 9; Windows 8.3 though is likely to be a non-starter. And we have already seen the initial update to Windows 8.1"

A little insight as to what we might see before we actualy get a retail version of windows 9.  IE we probably will get an 8.2 first.

But I think overall I hope windows 9 becomes with windows 7 of vista.  Windows 8 had some nice features in it but since when did you nead a huge tile icon to open a program on a desktop PC? unless your not wearing glasses or something.

I think all I want out of this at the moment for a windows 9 version or even an 8.2  is to be able to change the windows text colour  (if you have a black backgound and or task bar, like me you cant see the text.  #worst fail ever)

and ye-oldie start menu.   Yeh there are options out there that put it back.  but why should i have to spend hours fixing somthing in windows 8 that we use to have ever since like, win95 ?

Thoughts on this people?  Im looking forward to it and cant wait to stick it in to a VM

Windows 8.1 is already quite okay mostly. I just really hope that a Win9 upgrade won't be expensive

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I wonder how would one obtain an ISO of the preview.

Technet or whatever they call it these days 

Technet or whatever they call it these days 

Yeah, most likely MSDN or TechNet, or maybe a dedicated page for it.

For me though, even though I am highly anticipating Windows 9, I may skip the previews/betas and just wait for final release before I actually try it. Previews are incomplete and often have bugs which I find diminishes the anticipation because you've already used it once it gets released and it can taint your perception of the final release if you encountered a lot of bugs in the previews.

I will certainly be reading all the blogs and articles about new features and what is to be expected though.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Yeah, most likely MSDN or TechNet, or maybe a dedicated page for it.

For me though, even though I am highly anticipating Windows 9, I may skip the previews/betas and just wait for final release before I actually try it. Previews are incomplete and often have bugs which I find diminishes the anticipation because you've already used it once it gets released and it can taint your perception of the final release if you encountered a lot of bugs in the previews.

I will certainly be reading all the blogs and articles about new features and what is to be expected though.

If I get an ISO of the preview, I'll try running it in a VM first.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

i hope they sell win 9 super cheap like they did win8 at release(if you knew where to look, their site sold it for like 10% of the store prices)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I'll give win9 a month or two before I start seriously considering switching.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Torrents power,i can bet ill have win9 preview installed by october 2/3rd.

If I get an ISO of the preview, I'll try running it in a VM first.

I would recommend partitioning your hard drive instead.

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines