My modest first build!

DeathSentinels

Hey guys, I build this rig back in early February and it my first custom built PC!
my current set up is:

Case: Cooler master HAF 932 advanced
Mobo: MSI MPower Big Bang  z77
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz x2 8GB (16gb in total)
PSU: Corsair CX750M (750 watt, modular power supply)
GPU: EVGA Geforce 660ti SC 2gb
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k OC'ed @ 4.8 Ghz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i @ with stock fans
HDD: 1 Seagate 1tb HDD 7200rpms and x2 500gb western digital 7200rpms
SSD: Kingston 240gb

This is my case, usually on the front grill there's a large fan (not exactly sure the size) with a red LED in it, I found my HDD's rarely got hot so being
a little bit of a silent freak i decided to remove it to reduce fan noise

JX6nPAL.jpg?1

My side panel view, normally there's a fan on the side of there as well, but due to the size, and mesh side, i felt airflow even without a fan wouldn't be of much concern, and opted to removing

that as well, just for a cleaner look, and reduced fan noise.

UU3B5iz.jpg?1

And here it is!, the gut's of my system, as you can see i put a decent amount of work into my cable management as i wanted a really nice clean look, also keep in mind i notice the cables peeking out
on that bottom right grommet, already cleaned that up haha, i was really impressed on how i was able to route the cables from the H100i really well, while keeping it fully set up, with USB cable using
a USB header, Unfortunately i forget to take a picture of the back of the case to see routing but I'll upload that if anyone asks. I also im super happy with my matching PCBs with my MOBO as well as
my GPU, with a matt black PSU, and black ram, i really murdered out the inside lol.

e0DcutD.jpg?1

And a finial picture of it running like a beauty!, i plan on adding a ton more for this build to spice it up some, custom cables, LED strips, perhaps even soon a custom water loop!

pU3EeRY.jpg?1

Anyways! Thanks to taking a look at my build! comments and suggestions are always welcome!

You need a better camera. That said, looks good.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

That is a nice build, personally not a fan of the HAF series but I still love to see them they make for great looking builds.  

I agree you need a better camera.

Looks really nice if you use sleeved extension cables and hide the ulgy cables it would look even better :d :d

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

Looks really nice if you use sleeved extension cables and hide the ulgy cables it would look even better :D :D

Couldn't agree more!, I want to get those corsair individually sleeved cables!, one day I'll make that happen!

4.8ghz on the 3770k thats actually very nice :)

Thanks man!, I was super impressed with the overclock i was able to get with my 3770k the voltage is at 1.312, which i found was pretty darn good considering the overclock

but i doubt i could get any higher with my H100i due to temps, I'd have to go custom loop to be able to run 5ghz 24/7

That is a nice build, personally not a fan of the HAF series but I still love to see them they make for great looking builds.  

I agree you need a better camera.

I wasn't as much of a fan of the design of the case as i was how large it was, I want to eventually invest in a 900D, which by the way a good reminder if you haven't signed up for the 900D contest!

You need a better camera. That said, looks good.

I'm glad you think so!, and totally need a better camera, photos were taken using a iphone 5

Thanks man!, I was super impressed with the overclock i was able to get with my 3770k the voltage is at 1.312, which i found was pretty darn good considering the overclock

but i doubt i could get any higher with my H100i due to temps, I'd have to go custom loop to be able to run 5ghz 24/7

ive hit 5.2ghz with my h100 with okish temps but i just did it for a few benchmark runs to beat my bro xP im running 4.7ghz on 1.28 volts right now

I'm glad you think so!, and totally need a better camera, photos were taken using a iphone 5

Did you use flash?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

I dont understand why people need so many hard drives.

I have one SSD and two mechanical hard drives.

ive hit 5.2ghz with my h100 with okish temps but i just did it for a few benchmark runs to beat my bro xP im running 4.7ghz on 1.28 volts right now

whoa, thats a nice card right there, don't get me wrong i was able to run 5ghz just fine, but personally i wasn't happy with the rise in temps

between 4.8 and 5ghz in regards to prime 95. in regular use I'm sure i could easily run 5ghz, but i just felt better about 4.8 in terms of temps

If it were up to me, and the money was there that wouldn't be the case, especially for heat, less HDD's, less heat = happier DS especially since i have a total of 2 fans in my entire set up

the x2 500gb HDD's, were recycled from my previous computer cause i needed the extra TB.

Did you use flash?

I believe in a photo or two i did, lighting was an issue due to my very low lighted room.

whoa, thats a nice card right there, don't get me wrong i was able to run 5ghz just fine, but personally i wasn't happy with the rise in temps

between 4.8 and 5ghz in regards to prime 95. in regular use I'm sure i could easily run 5ghz, but i just felt better about 4.8 in terms of temps

yeah thats why i dropped mine, i found even at 4.7ghz nothing can touch it so there really isnt much need to go higher

Very nice :D

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Very nice, take a few black zip ties and just tie those cables together, they look good they just need to be more compact

Work Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | GPU: Quadro K1200 | Motherboard: EVGA Z97 Classified | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3-2133Mhz | PSU: Seasonic 750W SS-750KM3 80 PLUS Gold | STORAGE: WD 1TB Se Enterprise Grade Drive & Corsair Neutron NX500 400GB NVMe PCIe  | COOLER: Enermax Liqtech 240 -  5x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM | CASE: Corsair 600C | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals: Logitech MX Master 2S -- Logitech K840 -- INTEL X520 10Gb NIC -- 3x Acer H236HL -- Build Log | 

Work Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 | Model: Cisco UCS C220 M4 (SFF) | RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) Cisco (Samsung) DDR4 2133Mhz | STORAGE: 4x Cisco (Seagate) 900GB 10K 2.5" (RAID 10) - 2x 32GB Cisco FlexFlash Boot Drive (RAID 1) | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | 

Laptop | CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ | GPU: Nvidia GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5 | RAM: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400Mhz | STORAGE: 512GB Hynix NVMe | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Gaming Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G  | Motherboard: ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX | RAM: Ballistix Elite 32GB Kit (16GB x 2) DDR4-3000 | PSU: Silverstone SX700-LPT 700w 80 PLUS Platinum | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 970 PRO 1TB NVMe | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12 | CASE: Louqe Ghost S1 | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Build Log in Progress | 

Home Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2690 (Sandy Bridge) | GPU: Quadro P2000 | Motherboard: SUPERMICRO X9SRL-F  | RAM: 64GB (8x8GB) Micron VLP DDR3-1600 ECC | PSU: SUPERMICRO 665W 80 PLUS Bronze | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (RAID 1) - 4x WD 8TB Ultrastar (RAID 10) - Intel SSD D3-S4510 Series 240GB (BOOT)  | COOLER: Noctua NH-U12DXi4 with 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM | CASE: SUPERMICRO CSE-842TQ-665B 4U | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | Build Log in Progress |

| Pixel 4XL 128GB - Clearly White - Unlocked - Carrier: Visible |

| F@H STATS |

Very clean looking.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Looks pretty good.
Surprised the stock corsair h100 fans aren't annoying you with loud noises :p

or are they...

I have one SSD and two mechanical hard drives.

I know but that is a 1TB and people with more storage. I dont know how people use that much space it is difficult sometimes to use 500gb

Looks pretty good.

Surprised the stock corsair h100 fans aren't annoying you with loud noises :P

or are they...

Surprising, for stock fan's they haven't annoyed me, mind you, I keep my settings on corsairlink2 in quiet mode just for noise purposes, and it still manages to keep temps quite cool even in consistent quiet mode

nice build_the only thing worth upgrading if you want higher frame rates is the GPU i guess

Thanks!, and I agree, I do want to upgrade my GPU in the near future, I want to invest in the 780 with the EVGA ACX cooler, look's like such a glorious card, even tho that reference cooler looks sooooo good. but even still I'm on the fence if I want to wait, because currently my 660ti handles most games on ultra just fine, well.. for the games I play that is.

It's quite cool ;)

And your work on the cable management shows because it's really tidy!

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx