GTX 980TI in sight ?

samons

There's nothing wrong to be loyal to the brand.

There is everything wrong with being loyal to a brand. Everything beyond trying to get the most value for money is idiotic.

Too many kids nowadays are spending their parents money stubbornly on any given brands, as a result we have $1K+ GPU's.

Equally stupid is their wishing for the brand they don't like to go bankrupt. I guess when you are spending someone else's money, it's hard to realize just how bad monopolies are.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

@i_build_nanosuits

@Linusinium

I don't know about you, but I will always buy Nvidia in GPUs, even if AMD offers the same performance GPU with 100-200$ cheaper. However I can recommend AMD GPUs to others if they are on tight budget. I will also always buy Intel CPU, even if AMD offers their CPUs for 10$ & I won't recommend it to others, cause they are generally bad, anyway right now, until they don't change the damn architecture. I'll always stay loyal to these brands & I'm thankful to both Intel & Nvidia for giving us great performance products.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

The 970/980(gm204) are midranges cards, just like the GTX 680(gk104) was, they have GM200 which has more cuda cores/bigger bus etc similar to a GK110 (gtx 780 all the way to titanblack). If AMD only outperforms them by 5% don't expect GM200 coming.

But the timing of the release between GK104 and GK110 (680 and 780, not including Titan) was quite a gap.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.