3570k vs Fx 8350

I know this has probably been asked before, but what would you choose? Both approx same price.

Intel i5 4670k @4.5 | 16GB Patiot Viper Xtreme | Corsair H100i | MSI Z87 GD65 | Crossfire x2 Asus 7950 Direct CUII

250GB OCZ SSD | LG Bluray RW Drive | 750Watt PSU | Corsair 450D | Corsair K50 | Corsair M40

I would choose the 8350, I can't afford either though.

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

As the gaming experience will be about the same and the 8350 has 8 cores, I'd go 8350 because of better preformance in rendering and stuff.

Current Rig:    AMD FX 8350 @ 4.3GHz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk Edition | ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z | ASUS AMD Radeon HD7950 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Red 1866MHz RAM

EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750 Watt PSU | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD | ASUS DVD Writer | CM Storm Trooper Windowed Edition

Peripherals:    BeyerDynamic Custom One Pro | Func MS3 | Steelseries QcK | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown (on release)

If i would build a new pc i would probably go with the 8350 since the new console ports will be running on 8 cores, so an 8 core like the 8350 might peform better than my i5 2500k.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

GPU: ASUS R9 290 Direct CUII  PSU: Corsair AX 860

If i would build a new pc i would probably go with the 8350 since the new console ports will be running on 8 cores, so an 8 core like the 8350 might peform better than my i5 2500k.

Not even close, Sandy Bridge still absolutely destroys anything AMD has to offer.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.0GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 RAM: 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Storage: Samsung 120GB 840 SSD Cooling: Corsair H100 with Noctuas Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2

SpeedTest: http://www.speedtest.net/result/3243874809.png

AMD  8350 because yay for multithreaded applications! :3 

Since quad and 6-core CPUs have came out games still cannot use more than 2 cores.

For gaming the 3570k is better. Search up some benchmarks. But look at the price difference between the two, the extra performance the i5 offers might not be worth the extra cost.

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

£ for £ or $ for $ the AMD is a better buy, but the 3750k is better and faster........ I own the 3570k..... Nuf said.

Since quad and 6-core CPUs have came out games still cannot use more than 2 cores.

Wrong. If you play bf3 (which is by no means new) with a dual core, people are removed from the campaign. Proof that four cores are used in games and have been for a while.

As for the question, if you are only gaming, go for the fx8350. However, if you game along with using performance applications like any editing software, go with the 3570K. 

Fractal Design Define S, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz, Noctua NH-D14, Asus Sabertooth Z77, EVGA 980Ti SC+, 4x8GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz, EVGA P2 1000W, Creative sound blaster Z, 2xSamsung 850 120GB RAID 0, 2xWestern Digital Caviar Black 1TB Other stuffs: BenQ XL2411t, LG Flatron M2262D, Ducky Shine 3, Logitech G400s, Steelseries QCK Heavy, Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80ohm, Shure SE215, Blue Snowball

As for myself I currently own an AMD FX 8350. I'd prefer the 8350 also as it has an higher cpu score based on the following link

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

Also I am not an AMD fanboy :D

AMD FX 8350 | EVGA GTX 660ti | 2TB WD Green | ASROCK 990FX Extreme9 | 8GB Corsair Vengance | 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD |

Wrong. If you play bf3 (which is by no means new) with a dual core, people are removed from the campaign. Proof that four cores are used in games and have been for a while.

As for the question, if you are only gaming, go for the fx8350. However, if you game along with using performance applications like any editing software, go with the 3570K. 

I think you a bit confuse here. Actually for gaming only,3570k is better but for editing and rendering,fx 8350 is alot better.

Not even close, Sandy Bridge still absolutely destroys anything AMD has to offer.

ORLY? is that why in Crysis 3 the 8350 beats the 3770k? Get with the times.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

I had the same question a couple months ago and decided to go with the 8350. I chose it because seeing the gaming bench marks with both processors the results were pretty close for quite a few games. I also chose the amd because the am3+ socket isnt dead yet and the next amd processor will be released on it so if I want to upgrade I dont have to get a new mobo. However whichever one you choose will be a great choice.

i wonder if u could provide link to that benchmark that says sandy bridge 'destroys' any amd cpu including 8350. Because to say 'destroy', i'm hoping to see at least 10 fps different between 2 of them.

I know this has probably been asked before, but what would you choose? Both approx same price.

I would argue that the 3750k is still the better processor for 99% of tasks due to architecture of the cores.

For gaming : 3570K

For editing and rendering purposes : 8350

Period. 

3570k has the lead for now in stability as well as average fps (framerates tend to stay closer to the average as opposed to varying wildly, check out linus' video on the two). 

The 8350 is more future proof though as games ARE becoming more and more highly threaded. When the 8350 will overtake the 3570k is anybody's guess really so only go with the 8350 if you're planning on sticking with it for a good amount of time

There are some editing and rendering applications that can be useful to any of these cpu's really. For instance, if you use sony vegas for editing you could use the 3570k cpu, whereas the effect addon twixtor utilizes the amd cpu more. Both are great for any gaming applications and both have their ups and downs.  

AMD FX 8350 | EVGA GTX 660ti | 2TB WD Green | ASROCK 990FX Extreme9 | 8GB Corsair Vengance | 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD |

Cheers all. Im going with a 8350. I will be keeping it for a good 2-3 years so the extra core/threads will come in handy in furute. I know haswell is on the doorstep but the lower power usage is pretty pointless in a desktop when I got a wall socket that will give me all I want. 

Thanks for your views.

Intel i5 4670k @4.5 | 16GB Patiot Viper Xtreme | Corsair H100i | MSI Z87 GD65 | Crossfire x2 Asus 7950 Direct CUII

250GB OCZ SSD | LG Bluray RW Drive | 750Watt PSU | Corsair 450D | Corsair K50 | Corsair M40

As for myself I currently own an AMD FX 8350. I'd prefer the 8350 also as it has an higher cpu score based on the following link

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

Also I am not an AMD fanboy :D

I bought an i5 2500k and overclocked it to 5GHz, got better a score on passmark than the 8350. Also, I've stopped looking at their scores, better to look at game benchmarks.

Edit: someone asked for some benchmarks, http://www.anandtech.com/show/6396/the-vishera-review-amd-fx8350-fx8320-fx6300-and-fx4300-tested/5

ORLY? is that why in Crysis 3 the 8350 beats the 3770k? Get with the times.

It does not beat it, it beats the i5 but even when both are oerclocked AMD loses

Cheers all. Im going with a 8350. I will be keeping it for a good 2-3 years so the extra core/threads will come in handy in furute. I know haswell is on the doorstep but the lower power usage is pretty pointless in a desktop when I got a wall socket that will give me all I want. 

Thanks for your views.

get an 8350, you will have more upgrade options down the line, don't take Haswell because of power savings, it's made for ultimate performance if you want a i7 CPU, but be careful since last generation, both sides need brutal cooling for overclocking

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)