Build? Build? Build? Build?

Build?

Budget? Less than 1000 dolars.

Location? Brazil.

HUHUEHUEUHEHUEUHHUE?

Games? Metro: Last Light, Red Orchestra 2, Dota 2, Arma 3 and Half Life 3.

Single Monitor? Resolution? 1920x1080 or 1600x900

My old dual core pentium E7500 burned :´(

??? CPU ???

Core i5 3470

Better than the Core i3 3220. Much cheaper than i5 3570k. I want to overclock it slightly. No fancy cooling.

??? GPU ???

PowerColor HD 7950

Better than the GTX 660 Ti. Their prices are equal in Brazil.

??? PSU ???

Cooler Master GX-550W

For future upgrades.

??? STORAGE ????

HD Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB

??? RAM ???

Corsair Vengeance Red 8GB(2x4GB)

I think it's too expensive, but seems worth it.

??? MOBO ???

Gygabyte B75M-D3H

Cheap. Good. I do not plan to do any excessive overclock.

??? CASE ???

Fractal Design Core 3000

Kinda ugly, but seems efficient.

??????????????????????????????

Do I speak English?

Yes I do, even though this topic looks hideous.

If you think your case is ugly then dont get it :s thats one of the most important things and most personal things you get to choose, id say a good choice with the 7950, if its the same price it actually performs better than the 660ti. The ram is it the new 1600Mhz? Check youre not accidentally buying 1333Mhz. If you're overclocking you might want to get a custom cooler, since the stock one really doesnt overclock well, they are about $30, worth the lower temps.

CPU: i5 3570k                                 PSU: CX650 Corsair                 SSD: 128GB Samsung 840

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance     Case: Zalman Z11                    HDD: 500Gb Toshiba & 1TB Western Digital

MOBO: ASrock Extreme 4 Z77        GPU: GTX 770

Thank you for helping me.

If I cared about things being ugly I would have thrown away all mirrors in my house. I've read and watched some reviews and this case have what I want(good air cooling) for the price I can pay. I'm keeping it. And my mirrors.

The RAM is 1600Mhz.

Can you suggest me a good and cheap custom CPU cooler?

This is £20 where i am http://www.coolermaster.co.uk/product.php?product_id=6755

Its probably the best cheap one out there, and by the way if you're wanting to crossfire the card in the future 550W will not be enough for an upgrade, 550W is quite low, and upgrading to more powerful psu's can be done relitivly cheaply..

CPU: i5 3570k                                 PSU: CX650 Corsair                 SSD: 128GB Samsung 840

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance     Case: Zalman Z11                    HDD: 500Gb Toshiba & 1TB Western Digital

Hmm... Do you think I should go with a 430W PSU? Just to save money, since a 550W won't be enough for a future crossfire.

The cooler is a good option, but I will have to buy a thermalpaste too. Am I right?

No definately go for 550w or more.. i would go for higher to be honest, its not truely 550W that power supply.. you do realise this? bronze rated, its 80% maximum load, so its more like 440w since you should always work with the worst case senario. Definately keep the 550, if you can afford it go higher.

Edit

i didnt see your question about thermal paste, yes you can buy some for around $4 or £2 on ebay..

What about a CX600M 600w? Is it really worth it? The build will get a little bit over my budget.

I think I'll get it. I want this rig to last for, at least, 4 years.

Maybe I should go with the Core i3 3220 to save some money... I don't know...

I suggest you read up a little bit more, because i feel like im informing you and youre making decisions without the knowledge behind you to understand what you will be buying, i really suggest you learn a little bit about what youre going to buy by watching a few videos on youtube or checking out reviews on this website and other reputable sites, that CPU will significantly reduce your performance, especially over the next few years as the games are now turning into optimised for quad core CPUs and the i3 is a dual core cpu. By the way make SURE you buy a vesion with a K at the end of the product number of the processor, else it will be a locked processor and you wont be able to easily overclock it. Also have you considered software?

I have watched some videos and reviews, but I'm going to read some more.

Software? Do you mean the OS? Windows 7.

Or do you mean OC software?

Yes I ment OS, sorry I should have been more specific :) Do you have a copy because its an extra £50 or around $65 to consider in the overall price. I definately reccomend:

CPU: i5 ****K (unlocked)

GPU: 7950

PSU: IF you want to add another 7950 in the future.. if cfx becomes more stable youll want around 700-800w to be on the safe side.. good quality power supply aswell, if not a 600w psu should do you..

Your ram choice is good, there is cheaper RAM out there with the same performance, ive got vengeance and it looks awesome, so i cant blame you. if its high profile (with the nice looking heat spreaders) im unsure if the heat sink ive reccomended you will fit, youll have to check its clearance

Hey there! 

I suggest looking for other cases, same money, more room, better cooling, cases like Corsair 500r, Enermax Fulmo Advanced, Cooler Master cm 690 ii. Just throw the names in youtube and watch some unboxing's.

That's what i did and went for Corsair 500r (better quality). Same with any aftermarket coolers, this way you can see whatever they came with, thermal paste and other accessories.

I think you should invest a little bit more to get a future proof build. The 3570k it's not more expsiv... and will last even more, maybe even wait for Haswell versions.

Good luck !

Sorry, but I should have mentioned that my primary build was:

Core i3 3220+650 Ti Boost

Why? Because I can afford it.

But I wanted more. MOAR. So I chose the HD 7950. And now i'm struggling to make a functional and cheap build.

I would like to take the i5 3570k, but it's too expensive for my budget, unless I get some cheaper pieces.

I think I'm going back to my primary idea. It's more realistic to me.

@Kunkka

These cases aren't availabe in Brazil. At least the shops doesn't have them.

I was very surprised to find the Fractal Design Core 3000 around here. It's a good and cheap one.

Edit: I'm now thinking about going with the FX- 6300 or the FX - 8120

Edited by Lima

Thank you for helping me.

If I cared about things being ugly I would have thrown away all mirrors in my house. I've read and watched some reviews and this case have what I want(good air cooling) for the price I can pay. I'm keeping it. And my mirrors.

The RAM is 1600Mhz.

Can you suggest me a good and cheap custom CPU cooler?

You could actually go with the Fractal Core 1000 Usb 3.0. It's significantly cheaper and has good airflow as well.

As for the cooler, the Hyper 212 Evo is a great bang for your buck cooler. 

I wouldn't advise spending money on an aftermarket cooler though. Since you're not overclocking, the stock one will do fine. It's not the best, but you won't have any issues with it.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Ah sorry to hear that 'bout the cases, that sucks :). The best budge case would have been the 690 cooler master.

Good luck with your build !