How much radiator do I need

Hey there, I want to build a new computer this year with the new generation Intel Core i7 4770K and a GTX Titan. I want to watercool it all. Because I want to use the Bit Fenix Prodigy with a 5 1/2 inch drive, i'm just going to be able to fit 2 1x140mm radiators in there. is that enough?

I finally got rid of my crap ass HP Compaq 8000 Elite !    :D

Two 1x140mm radiators are fine. Maybe you will be unable to push your CPU to the limit, but still you will be able to overclock it high enough, to a satisfactory level.

Hope it helped.

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition @3.9GHz GPU: XFX 7970 DD (1062/1520 MHz) MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXA(1st Revision) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1333MHz Storage: Corsair Force 3 120GB(Boot) + WD Green 1TB(storage) PSU: FSP AURUM 600W(80+ Gold) CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9a  Case: NZXT Tempst 410 Elite(Mid-Tower) Mouse: Logitech G602(Manufacturer Refurbished) Keyboard: Noppoo Choc Mini(Cherry MX Blue) AUDIO:Sennheiser HD 598+ASUS Xonar DGX Monitor: LG M2280DF 21.5" 1080p(TN-75Hz)

Should really be enough for some good temps, you don't have to worry ;)

Current Rig:    AMD FX 8350 @ 4.3GHz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk Edition | ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z | ASUS AMD Radeon HD7950 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Red 1866MHz RAM

EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750 Watt PSU | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD | ASUS DVD Writer | CM Storm Trooper Windowed Edition

Peripherals:    BeyerDynamic Custom One Pro | Func MS3 | Steelseries QcK | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown (on release)

Accordingly the best thing to work out is, you find out homany many waterblocks you are using, and add one. (This is for 120mm rads though)

So if you have your CPU block and one GPU block for your Titan, you would have 3 120 rads. This would usually be done with a 240 in the top and a 120 at the back. I'd guess 2x140 is okay for your build, but if you want peak performance, change to 120s or even get 3 140s in a 280 top and 140 back solution.

if any of that confused you, just say :)

Production Control, Fish Keeper, Lover of Audio

Hey there, I want to build a new computer this year with the new generation Intel Core i7 4770K and a GTX Titan. I want to watercool it all. Because I want to use the Bit Fenix Prodigy with a 5 1/2 inch drive, i'm just going to be able to fit 2 1x140mm radiators in there. is that enough?

Das wird knapp =P Söttsch vllt überlege e extärns laufwärk z benutze. Und holsch dr lieber e 780er, d Titan isch dr ufpriis nid wärt ^^ www.aquatuning.ch isch super, und zahlsch au nix am Zoll, isch alles scho drin.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

generaly you want to go 1 1/2 120mm rads per block in your loop i would go no less than than that for any water cooling build tho hear is a vid a while back where linus did a water cooling build in that same case

personally i think the titan is overrated and everyone thinks its the best but you can save some money and get the gtx 780

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

Thanks for awnsering!  :lol:

I think I have to forget the disc drive, to be able to put more rads in: 2x140mm in the top and 1x120/1x140mm in the front (perhabs i have to cut off 1 hdd bay)

I'll wait with the GPU... the might be a 790 once   ;)

I finally got rid of my crap ass HP Compaq 8000 Elite !    :D