Tiger Direct?

So basically about 3 hours I bought two EVGA GTX 970s on Newegg, it took 3 order attempts for even a verification, which then took a call to customer support. By the time I did all the cards were out of stock and they will not be back in stock for another 5 days. Last time I dealt with this Newegg verification bullsh!t it took almost a week and a half to get sorted out HOWEVER Tiger Direct does have the exact same model for the exact same price, I haven't bought from TigerDirect in probably 8 years, just wondering if any of you guys have any experience with them? Are they a reliable retailer still etc. 

I've never had a good experience with Newegg. And I mean never.  Something is always screwed up, be little or big.  I buy off amazon or ncix.  Mostly amazon because prime is da bomb diggity.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

I've never had a good experience with Newegg. And I mean never.  Something is always screwed up, be little or big.  I buy off amazon or ncix.  

I've never had a problem with them other than failed authorizations which was my banks fault. That and shit not being shipped together.

I've never liked Tigerdirect because they seem to have a smaller selection, and their website seems as crappy as NCIX's website. I still can't figure out how NCIX's site works lol.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I've never had a good experience with Newegg. And I mean never.  Something is always screwed up, be little or big.  I buy off amazon or ncix.  Mostly amazon because prime is da bomb diggity.

Ordered from NCIX, 2 in stock in my state so hopefully it processes, if not I know it's my bank, but I've already spoken to them and they didn't find any problems or debit limits, I mean I put like 2k into my credit so I don't think that would be the problem. 

So basically about 3 hours I bought two EVGA GTX 970s on Newegg, it took 3 order attempts for even a verification, which then took a call to customer support. By the time I did all the cards were out of stock and they will not be back in stock for another 5 days. Last time I dealt with this Newegg verification bullsh!t it took almost a week and a half to get sorted out HOWEVER Tiger Direct does have the exact same model for the exact same price, I haven't bought from TigerDirect in probably 8 years, just wondering if any of you guys have any experience with them? Are they a reliable retailer still etc. 

I've bought from them, and it was...ok i guess.

There was a promotion running where you got 15 dollars off an item over 100 dollars, but i didn't get the 15 dollars off. I emailed the customer support email, and got no response

Take from that what you wish, i don't use them anymore.

The fifteen dollars is no big deal for me, it's just a bit disappointing that they had such a lapse

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I've bought from them, and it was...ok i guess.

There was a promotion running where you got 15 dollars off an item over 100 dollars, but i didn't get the 15 dollars off. I emailed the customer support email, and got no response

Take from that what you wish, i don't use them anymore.

The fifteen dollars is no big deal for me, it's just a bit disappointing that they had such a lapse

Yeah I remember they're shitty customer service from the late 90's and early 2000's 

[rant]

I ordered an EVGA 980 SC last night at 12:26am...MOMENTS after they were listed on the website.  Got the confirmation email and a hold was charged to my CC for the amount.  GREAT.  Fast forward to tonight, 20 hrs later, still no update to my order....so I call CS.

They tell me that my order was CANCELLED, because they were already sold out.  Yet I didn't receive any email or notification, and they were clearly still listed in stock on the website throughout the day.  In fact, my order STILL shows as being open .  The guy then goes on to try and sell me an R9 290 instead  :angry:.

In a follow up email from CS... "Our records shows that your order did not went through to our main. This means that your order is same as cancelled."   Had I been notified earlier, I could have reordered.

So either their e-commerce inventory management system sucks, or I got screwed by some other means.  Now I'm fucking pissed and of course there's nary a 980 to be found.  Fantastic.

Tiger Direct has been pretty good to me up until now, but this is a HUGE fuck-up, and I'm definitely going to think twice before ordering from them again, regardless of $$ savings.

[/rant]

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone