Weird shut down issues

about every other, I get a black screen on my computer, but it is still on. When I restart the computer, the computer abruptly shuts down 1/2 hour later. When this problem happens, there is a "chirp" sound coming from my computer every 30 seconds. It only happens rarely. My specs are in my sig. Thanks!

What does windows event viewer say the problem is?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

@Enderman, Here are all the ones that I thought were relevant:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

The previous system shutdown at 7:45:39 PM on ‎9/‎16/‎2014 was unexpected.

The previous system shutdown at 5:40:44 AM on ‎9/‎16/‎2014 was unexpected.

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Bad drivers?

that explains the black screen, but not the unexpected shutdowns shortly after.

Hmm maybe faulty psu? Could drop molex power to the gpu and then to the 24pin power connector

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Hmm maybe faulty psu? Could drop molex power to the gpu and then to the 24pin power connector

I'm powering the GPU with a 6-pin connector :P. I was thinking that it might be the power supply(which could also explain the chirp noises), but the problem occurs rarely. I'm not even pushing the system when I get this problem

Does anything happen before it freezes? Like CPU usage spikes to 100%, fans changing speed, or programs running?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Does anything happen before it freezes? Like CPU usage spikes to 100%, fans changing speed, or programs running?

I haven't noticed my fan speeds ramping up, I don't know about my CPU usage. This almost always happens when I'm away from my computer. Sometimes I fols@home, but I get this problem even when I'm not folding.

I haven't noticed my fan speeds ramping up, I don't know about my CPU usage. This almost always happens when I'm away from my computer. Sometimes I fols@home, but I get this problem even when I'm not folding.

If you have no programs running at all does it still happen?

Also did you see anything about kernel power in the windows event viewer?

Spoiler

If you have no programs running at all does it still happen?

Also did you see anything about kernel power in the windows event viewer?

Yes and yes. It said Critical: Kernel-Power: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Yes and yes. It said Critical: Kernel-Power: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Oh then you have either a problem with your PSU or your motherboard not delivering stable power.

Try putting everything in your PC to default clock speeds then see if it happens.

If it still does, you will need to test to find out if it is your motherboard or PSU that is failing, by using a second motherboard or PSU from a friend you know works properly.

Spoiler

Oh then you have either a problem with your PSU or your motherboard not delivering stable power.

Try putting everything in your PC to default clock speeds then see if it happens.

If it still does, you will need to test to find out if it is your motherboard or PSU that is failing, by using a second motherboard or PSU from a friend you know works properly.

I don't have a friend with a compatible motherboard or spare power supply lying around D:. Thanks for the help! I probably won't take further action unless this problem starts happening more often.

I don't have a friend with a compatible motherboard or spare power supply lying around D:. Thanks for the help! I probably won't take further action unless this problem starts happening more often.

Ok you're welcome.

Hopefully with stock clocks it will happen less frequently.

Spoiler