Miner randomly slows down

I am currently litecoin mining on my 7850 using GUI Miner (scrypt) and I'm currently in hypernova.pw as my pool although I have had this issue with other pools. Basically, I will set my GPU to mine and it goes up to ~350khash/s then I come back after a few hours and it's down sometimes as low as 5khash/s! There are no error messages appeared or anything, it just pretty much stop mining by itself! This doesn't happen every time but it's becoming quite frequent and stopping me from getting much mining done. The card stays at 60 degrees C and this happens at stock clocks and when oc'd. Any suggestions?

"An Excellent Signature"

My guess would be that the AMD drivers are crashing and recovering while you are gone and the error goes away before you see it.

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

My guess would be that the AMD drivers are crashing and recovering while you are gone and the error goes away before you see it.

Is there a fix?

"An Excellent Signature"

I'd say try turning fans up and underclock it slightly.

It doesn't take heat to get them to crash, you probably need to adjust your miners settings slightly

It doesn't take heat to get them to crash, you probably need to adjust your miners settings slightly

Such as?

"An Excellent Signature"

The cooling seems great but you have to lower the voltage slightly if you already haven't..and experiment a little

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day . Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.”

The cooling seems great but you have to lower the voltage slightly if you already haven't..and experiment a little

Don't lower the voltage! This will cause more instability. You should either underclock slightly (maybe 50mhz) or raise the voltage a bit

Such as?

Are you still using GUI miner with the defaults for your card?

Don't lower the voltage! This will cause more instability. You should either underclock slightly (maybe 50mhz) or raise the voltage a bit

One thing is for sure ...the hole overclock isn't aligned properly (witch cause instability).Eather it needs underclock/overclock or lower/highter voltage witch you can't be sure..it might be the one or the other in combinations

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day . Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.”

One thing is for sure ...the hole overclock isn't aligned properly (witch cause instability).Eather it needs underclock/overclock or lower/highter voltage witch you can't be sure..it might be the one or the other in combinations

The problem is probably due to mining at high intensity like 20???, and not overclocking issues

Are you still using GUI miner with the defaults for your card?

Yes

"An Excellent Signature"

The problem is probably due to mining at high intensity like 20???, and not overclocking issues

Maybe and maybe not..i would say 60%mining and 40% over/underclock

try lowering your intensity to 18, also try running at thread concurrency 8192 and 10000, the defaults may get you a good hash rate, but that doesn't mean that it is going to be stable with your card

try lowering your intensity to 18, also try running at thread concurrency 8192 and 10000, the defaults may get you a good hash rate, but that doesn't mean that it is going to be stable with your card

He said it's becoming quite frequent so more like 16-17 but he probably needs to begin with 18.If it wont stop again then its about perfect

Remember that more intensity doesn't always mean more Kh/s. I have a MSI 7970 on intensity 13 that does 730Kh/s

What driver version are you running?

I'd advise against using guiminer. Switch to Cgminer, for much more control over setting it up and viewing errors. You will also get a better understanding on how to configure and maintain everything.

One thing that may be occurring is a power saving feature which is automatically slowing down your cards when the computer is idle for extended periods of time. To fix that, you can try to disable ULPS. Then go into your power settings and change it so the monitor never turns off and nor does a screen saver come up. (just remember to turn off the power on your monitor manually when you leave it unattended for extra power savings)

If your drivers are crashing, you can check via the event viewer under custom views > Administrative Events. That will let you know if your drivers are crashing and how often. If your drivers crash your miner will stop working.

You can create batch file to force close your miners, then re-launch them. Then you can add that batch file to Task Scheduler and run whenever your drivers crash then recover.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.