Trouble making third monitor work on games

Eliassos

Hi,

I'm pretty new at this forum, my friend referred me to here for my problem.

I recently bought 3 monitors, with the intention to game with 3 monitors obviously, however I think I am missing a port on my GPU.

I have the AMD 6850 crossfire, there are 2 DVI outputs on each card. I assume to make them work all together - for gaming on triple screens- you need to connect all your 3 monitors on your one single GPU, AMD 6850 in this case. Is this correct?

I am one DVI port short, do I need an adapter for the extra port? ( DVI to HDMI, or DVI to a port that I don't know )

If so, how can I make all 3 monitors work?

I have no knowledge of computer cables, adapters, on making stuff work.

Any chance any of you guys could help me work this thing out?

I would greatly appreciate it.

Many many many thanks in advance! :D

EDIT: I hope I posted this in the right section, if not, my apologies. 

Elias

CPU i5-2400 @3.10Ghz | Mobo GigaByte : unknown | RAM 16GB | GPU Crossfire - AMD 6850 | OS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 

Yes you need all monitors plugged into the top GPU so you will need to use an adapter for it.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Can you post your specs on here and post it here?

https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

from memory, I know I have:

- CPU Intel i5 2400 @3.1GHz

- GPU Crossfire AMD 6850

- 8GB rams, no clue from what or who

- motherboard: can't remember

- 750 Watt

It's not much, but I didn't assemble my PC :P

It was my cousin's idea to make a self built PC.

CPU i5-2400 @3.10Ghz | Mobo GigaByte : unknown | RAM 16GB | GPU Crossfire - AMD 6850 | OS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 

Yes you need all monitors plugged into the top GPU so you will need to use an adapter for it.

Thanks man, appreciate the input :D

Time to google!

EDIT:

Does it matter whether it's from DVI to HDMI or VGA to HDMI? Is there NOTICABLE quality loss ?

There's a video about VGA / DVI from linus. 

But if you don't feel like watching this, use DVI. VGA is only good for some old beamers and stuff. Because it's only analogue, so there is some quality loss.

Thanks man, appreciate the input :D

Time to google!

EDIT:

Does it matter whether it's from DVI to HDMI or VGA to HDMI? Is there NOTICABLE quality loss ?

You're welcome :)

Avoid VGA because its analogue only, and hdmi is digital only.

DVI to HDMI is the best option for no quality loss.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwZRUZa1i20 

I can't seem to find a name for this kind of adaptor on the internet :P 

Anyone knows this by name/brand? :P 

I went to the store a few minutes ago, they told me it cost about 20-30€, I can't really find the solution because I think I'm missing some sort of name or detail :P

Again, many thanks for the help :P