bright pixel on my oneplus one, is it dead?

DjDafiDak

i got a pixel on my oneplus one, which is brighter then others( like a white stain), only visible on a white background. its slightly annoying, though it is small.( assuming its a pixel, a tiny spot)

ive tried rubbing it, pressing itpixel repair apps,and leaving the phone off all night, none worked. anything i can do? what caused it ? Thanks.

-

Welcome to the forum! Please remember to follow your topics so you're notified when someone answers ;)

First of all I'll point out that lg does NOT produce the oneplus one, it's an independent company. So make sure we're talking about the same phone here.

That said, it looks a hell of a lot like a dead pixel. RMA is the best option.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Welcome to the forum! Please remember to follow your topics so you're notified when someone answers ;)

First of all I'll point out that lg does NOT produce the oneplus one, it's an independent company. So make sure we're talking about the same phone here.

That said, it looks a hell of a lot like a dead pixel. RMA is the best option.

lol yea its the oneplus one, i have no idea why i thought it was made by lg.

great phone and that dead pixel is barely visible( on max brightness its even less visible), bought it second hand so i cant RMA it.

just hopefully i wont lose my mind and keep looking at it

is there any risk in leaving a pixel reapir app running for a long while? have only tried one for like 20min

Show us a picture?

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

is there any risk in leaving a pixel reapir app running for a long while? have only tried one for like 20min

No idea to be honest, I have no experience with those.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*