First PC Build! Need opinion and help!

Antoine3152
Go to solution Solved by CowsGoRoar,

I heard that this CPU had better Overcloking capabilities. Should I get the i5-4690K instead ???

Yes, I'm glad you switched for an i5. You will not regret it, I have a 4770K and I regret it, I really should have got the i5.

The current plan is perfect. Nothing else to change

Here, this is my latest "version" of my future PC. http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/antoine3152/saved/#savedbuild_1454855

Thank to you all !!!!

This forum is great! you get good, fast and friendly answers. 

So a few more things: I'm glad you switched to that EVGA PSU as their renowned performance deserves the purchase but Corsair's AX series would have done the same job with platinum efficiency, I don't remember the price so it's best to just get the cheapest one which is why I suggested the 750W variant from EVGA. I'm going to be using a i7 5820k hexacore overclocked to 4.2 Ghz and possibly dual GPUs although a single GPU setup for now and I'm quite confident 750W will be just fine. Oh and if you are really particular about aesthetics like me I'd suggest going with the 840 Evo to match the rest of your build it does perform slightly better with quite a bit better performance consistency, meaning that its read and rights deviate less from the average speed; albeit not exactly noticeable. Nevertheless I'd be glad to spend that extra couple bucks just to get everything matching. I also suggest taking a quick look at the NZXT H440 if you haven't considered it yet.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

One last question, should I add some different fans to the CPU cooler and the Case or stick with the stocks one? Thanks a lot!!!  

One last question, should I add some different fans to the CPU cooler and the Case or stick with the stocks one? Thanks a lot!!!  

It will confer little benefit other than aesthetic.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

1. No you don't

2. I question your sanity about comparing a PCI-E wireless card to a USB wireless card

3. I agree. #EthernetMasterRace

PCI-E wireless cards don't provide a tangible enough benefit to justify the cost. Also, I really would not risk using a static strap because they're fairly cheap and can save you from bricking a component.

It's something unpredictable. But in the end is right. I hope you've had the time of your life.

PCI-E wireless cards don't provide a tangible enough benefit to justify the cost. Also, I really would not risk using a static strap because they're fairly cheap and can save you from bricking a component.

What are you talking about. The TP-Link TL-WDN4800 is only $40 on Amazon (It's the most highly reviewed and "Most Popular"), and I would trust that a hell lot more than a USB dongle that will most likely get crappy signal. Your OP about "needing" an anti-static wrist strap is still false.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!