Heatsink & Thermal Compound?

Nova Dwagon
Go to solution Solved by CowsGoRoar,

Newegg has everything.

Anything that has good reviews and a little Google search can tell you. Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO is the best value heatsink. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099&cm_re=cooler_master_212_evo-_-35-103-099-_-Product

For thermal compound, Arctic Silver 5 is a good ol' classic, but I like Arctic Cooling MX2, give a few more bucks and MX4 will give you a few degrees cooler. IC Diamond is decent too.

My fave is Noctua NT-H1, and it's only $10.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608008&cm_re=noctua_nt-h1-_-35-608-008-_-Product

In total you should only spend $45, give a few more for shipping.

Hi I am about to upgrade my cooling on my computer from a stock cpu cooler to a heatsink but what one to get, also what Thermal compound to get?

Specs:

AMD FX6300 Black Edition 6 Core 3.5/4.1GHz

Sapphire R9 270X 4GB 1020MHz GDDR 5 PCI Express Graphics Card

ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Motherboard Phenom/Athlon/Sempron AM3+ AMD 970/SB950

Corsair CX750 Builder Series CX 750W ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze PSU

Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced PC Case

Corsair CMZ16GX3M2A1866C10 Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866 Mhz

Any recomendations?

My budget is between $20-$70

Note: This was budget build it was an upgrade from a laptop

Thanks all

A good thermal compound that you might be able to find at BestBuy is Antec Formula 7

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Noctua nt-h1 is a great bit of thermal compound, and as for a cooler, a budget choice is always the 212 evo, although the silverstone ar01 is pretty good, as is the enermax ets t40.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Newegg has everything.

Anything that has good reviews and a little Google search can tell you. Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO is the best value heatsink. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099&cm_re=cooler_master_212_evo-_-35-103-099-_-Product

For thermal compound, Arctic Silver 5 is a good ol' classic, but I like Arctic Cooling MX2, give a few more bucks and MX4 will give you a few degrees cooler. IC Diamond is decent too.

My fave is Noctua NT-H1, and it's only $10.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608008&cm_re=noctua_nt-h1-_-35-608-008-_-Product

In total you should only spend $45, give a few more for shipping.

Indigo XS is the best TIM on the market, period.

A Phanteks or Noctua or maybe even a Cooler Master would do nicely for you.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Wow thanks all! did not expect such quick and great advice, linus did not lie when he said this website has a good community of people

Why you asking for things in dollars mate, when your location says UK?

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

These have worked well for me and are fairly cheap - available at micro center.

Fan - http://www.microcenter.com/product/337464/Vortex_Plus_Universal_CPU_Cooler

Compound - http://www.microcenter.com/product/391684/PTI-G4512_Thermal_Conductive_Compound_4g

Nothing too fancy and it gets the job done.

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

Why you asking for things in dollars mate, when your location says UK?

I posted it in dollors because theres more people who use that here

I posted it in dollors because theres more people who use that here

Aye, but you wanna be looking at UK retailers, as we don't always get the same stuff available as Americans :P

You should look into the XigmaTek Aegir SD128264 It's at the top of your budget, but since you have a 6core, you'll need the cooling performance to be able to get a decent OC. The thermal paste that comes with it will do for now, but i'm a fan of Arctic Silver 5. It's like £4 for a small tube.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Aye, but you wanna be looking at UK retailers, as we don't always get the same stuff available as Americans :P

You should look into the XigmaTek Aegir SD128264 It's at the top of your budget, but since you have a 6core, you'll need the cooling performance to be able to get a decent OC. The thermal paste that comes with it will do for now, but i'm a fan of Arctic Silver 5. It's like £4 for a small tube.

Thanks, And thanks to every one who commented, Im looking at the Noctua NT-H1 and the Hyper 212 Evo at the moment But i got 2 days so im fine

And I was serching them on amazon with linus's kickback thing

Thanks, And thanks to every one who commented, Im looking at the Noctua NT-H1 and the Hyper 212 Evo at the moment But i got 2 days so im fine

And I was serching them on amazon with linus's kickback thing

The Xigmatek cooler i mentioned is better than the 212 EVO, it has more copper heat pipes, and a bigger heatsink to help with heat dissipation. 

212 EVO

1320165206.jpeg

Xigmatek Aegir

MrG6oLU.jpg?1