Is the g27 worth 170 dollars?

dijk1998

I was wondering if a g27 is worth 170 dollar? I´m looking for a new steering wheels for pc and ps3 because my old one passed away. 

It costs about $300 brand new. I'd snag that up if I were you.

TrinityFX

CPU: i5-4440 @ 3.1Ghz RAM: Crucial 1 x 4GB @ 1.6Ghz  MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate GPU: PCS+ HD 7870 Ghz Edition | CASE: NZXT Source 210 Window | HDD #1: Toshiba 3.5" 500GB HDD #2: Toshiba 2.5" 500GB PSU: Cougar SL500 OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 

| https://pcpartpicker.com/b/2wccCJ |

Yes , as a g27 owner, it is worth the money. Naturally any belt driven wheel (g27 is not , it has gears) will be better but also cost ALOT more. If you purchase the g27 i suggest also buying the GTEYE aftermarket brake spring as it's not very expensive. Then what you do is use the GTEYE brake spring, use the original brake spring as the clutch spring and the original clutch spring as your gas spring. That will stiffen up the pedals and give it a much more natural feel. There are many Youtube videos about how to disassemble the pedals and its not hard to do. (though it will void the warrenty) About the GTEYE brake spring, it is a progressive spring meaning the more you compress it the harder it gets as where the original springs are linear, meaning the same tension no matter how far you compress them.

CPU: i7 4790k OC'd @ 4.6 ghz COOLER: Corsair H105 (SP 120mm Quiet Edition Fans) MOBO: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 RAM: Kingston Hyper Fury 16GB (2x8) 1866mhz

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w 80+ Gold Fully Modular CASE: Fractal Arc Midi R2

OPTICAL DRIVE: Samsung DVD Burner OS: Win 7 64bit   Please do some research of your own before asking questions. Google and Youtube are your friend.

It costs about $300 brand new. I'd snag that up if I were you.

What this guy said...

CPU: i7 4790k OC'd @ 4.6 ghz COOLER: Corsair H105 (SP 120mm Quiet Edition Fans) MOBO: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 RAM: Kingston Hyper Fury 16GB (2x8) 1866mhz

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w 80+ Gold Fully Modular CASE: Fractal Arc Midi R2

OPTICAL DRIVE: Samsung DVD Burner OS: Win 7 64bit   Please do some research of your own before asking questions. Google and Youtube are your friend.

if you're considering a wheel at all, the G27 is the BARE MINIMUM

anything below the G27 in price/quality feels like a complete toy

the G27 doesn't look or feel (in build quality) like a real car, but the implementation of the wheel and force feedback is very effective. anything less, I would just say get a controller - the cheaper wheels just give so little in feedback and immersion, it's no better than those old arcade games - you turn a wheel, but it doesn't really feel like you're turning the car