Asus has a new formula motherboard with a new cooling solution coming soon

Since we have already seen the Maximus VI Extreme:

vA8k9Vn.jpg

This should be very similar but probably with an integrated waterblock

Mh, if you wanna cool the mobo, which is purely for aesthetic reasons 9/10 times, aftermarket blocks give it a way better look imo ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I think , I will either go withe the Maximus VI Formula or the MSI MPower MAX. 

Since we have already seen the Maximus VI Extreme:

vA8k9Vn.jpg

This should be very similar but probably with an integrated waterblock

Based on the last Formula, I'd bet on only up to 3-way multi-GPU support, a new revision of their SupremeFX integrated audio chip, a hybrid VRM heatsink, and a few features removed.

Mh, if you wanna cool the mobo, which is purely for aesthetic reasons 9/10 times, aftermarket blocks give it a way better look imo ^^

Yeah, I definitely agree. aftermarket blocks look cleaner so they make up for the extra tubing you have to use, these hybrid coolers don't so it can easily end up looking messy.

Yeah, I definitely agree. aftermarket blocks look cleaner so they make up for the extra tubing you have to use, these hybrid coolers don't so it can easily end up looking messy.

Yup. And these integrated water cooling features are not exactly versatile since you are locked down to a specific tubing size and forced to use the fittings built-in to them. 

the Hero will be around $230, any idea what the Extreme will cost?

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

the Hero will be around $230, any idea what the Extreme will cost?

$400 - $450?

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

And if they use barbs again, I'll be thoroughly disappointed...

Wish they angled the 24pin and USB 3.0 header like EVGA...

I'm pretty sure by the time you read my post you would have seen the new teaser for the Supreme FX EVO on the Maximus VI Formula; however, if you havent, there is a link to PCPER http://www.pcper.com/category/tags/maximus-vi-formula.

I found a very interesting leak on the GTX 770 Poseidon thread on the possible motherboard of the new VI Formula, and I wanted to link it here as well because it is more relevant.

Photo Credits goes to TECHPOWERUP

http://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/ASUS-GTX-770-Poseidon.jpg

If you are able to zoom in onto the photo, you would see the Sabertooth similar shroud with the Maximus VI Formula print on the bottom.

I'm assuming this board will be a featured launch at Computex 2013 with a hybrid mix of Sabertooth's famous clean shroud design along with the water-cooling compatibility.

*pure speculations* I assume this time around they will move onto giving the consumers G1/4 threads because the GTX 770 poseidon was given that option. I don't see why the ROG team wouldn't listen to their consumers for the very critical complaint of the Maximus V formula for having pre-attached barbs.

post-18429-0-84632200-1370265277.png

Best peripherals with the worst computer XD

I'm pretty sure by the time you read my post you would have seen the new teaser for the Supreme FX EVO on the Maximus VI Formula; however, if you havent, there is a link to PCPER http://www.pcper.com/category/tags/maximus-vi-formula.

I found a very interesting leak on the GTX 770 Poseidon thread on the possible motherboard of the new VI Formula, and I wanted to link it here as well because it is more relevant.

Photo Credits goes to TECHPOWERUP

http://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/ASUS-GTX-770-Poseidon.jpg

If you are able to zoom in onto the photo, you would see the Sabertooth similar shroud with the Maximus VI Formula print on the bottom.

I'm assuming this board will be a featured launch at Computex 2013 with a hybrid mix of Sabertooth's famous clean shroud design along with the water-cooling compatibility.

*pure speculations* I assume this time around they will move onto giving the consumers G1/4 threads because the GTX 770 poseidon was given that option. I don't see why the ROG team wouldn't listen to their consumers for the very critical complaint of the Maximus V formula for having pre-attached barbs.

I HOPE there will not be a Fan like in the Sabertooth.

They updated the picture, apparently the cooling system is called "CrossChill" this time around.

asusscreen-shot-2013-06-04-at-12.20.42-p