Even more GTX 900 series "news" (speculation)

zacRupnow

http://wccftech.com/geforce-gtx-970-980-pricing-leaked-399-499-zotac-gtx-970-pictured/

The previous price leak showed the more likely pricing of $500 and $700. This shows the more hopeful pricing of $400 and $500. 

Reported specs for the GTX 970 are 1664 CUDA cores with 4GB of GDDR5 memory clocked at 7Ghz effective operating across a 256bit buss. Rumored TDP and price are 150W and $399 respectively. The GTX 970 is supposed to go head to head with the R9 290 and the GTX 780 in terms of performance but offer better power efficiency and an updated set of features. The GTX 980 is supposed to outperform and replace the GTX 780 TI as the fastest single GPU card from Nvidia and also introduce enhanced efficiency and an updated feature set.

The Maxwell GTX 980 and GTX 970 leaks keep on rolling in as we move closer to the inevitable reveal on September 18th.

We’ve just covered MSI’s GTX 980 which they’ve teased with their brand new Twin Frozr V cooling. This new leak however comes from an Overclock.net user who spotted a Zotac GTX 970 on an e-tailer’s facebook page.

ZOTAC-GeForce-GTX-970.jpeg

GTX 970 From Zotac Leaked – Features Dual Fans And Metallic Shroud

The card features a dual fan design with a sleek looking silver metallic shroud that covers the heatsink assembly. The card appears to be quite compact but featuring a fairly thick heatsink. Perhaps showing more evidence of the efficiency of Nvidia’s upcoming GM204 GPU.
The box confirms the previously leaked 4GB frame buffer and also previous reports of Nvidia skipping the 800 series naming scheme and going straight to the 900 series.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/geforce-gtx-970-980-pricing-leaked-399-499-zotac-gtx-970-pictured/#ixzz3DBQYifhg

The e-tailer also mentions pricing, stating that the GTX 970 would cost 19-22K Philippine Pesos which amount to 430 to 500 US Dollars and the GTX 980 would cost 31-34K which amounts to 700 to 770 US Dollars. These are quite higher than the previously rumored $499 and $399 for the GTX 980 and GTX 970 respectively. The leaked MSRPs by the e-tailer might end up being pre-order prices which are usually quite inflated so I’d take them with a grain of salt.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/geforce-gtx-970-980-pricing-leaked-399-499-zotac-gtx-970-pictured/#ixzz3DBQgcOfb

On a personal note about aesthetics I think the MSI new Twin Frozr renders don't look as good as the last version and I hope this doesn't carry with other brands or with the MSI N980 Lightning I intend to get if it looks as good as the N780.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

wccf...

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

wccf...

but still... PCHub is one of the big retailers of enthusiast grade PC hardware of the Philippines(I know 'cause I live here) and they're really not trying to hide the release so it's expected to be released next week or two. :)

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

How does one know if this information is trustworthy? ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I actually think this particular news from PCHub is quite legit. They are a large PC parts distributor here. Quite a bit like newegg.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

19.9 as release Date is more or less already confirmed. And pricing really depends on performance, if the rumors are true i would expect 770/780 pricing + 50$

Need help here, still deciding on my GPU and this seems cheaper.

In a triple monitor setup, which is better? GTX 970/980 or GTX 780/780 Ti?

No SLIs for this setup and I'm fine with not playing with ultra settings because this is not mainly a PC for gaming but I'd like to futureproof my GPU so what do you think?

I'd like it to be power-efficient so the 900 series is a plus but after seeing the 256-bit bus, will it perform better than the 780/780 Ti?

| CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | MoBo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | RAM: T-Force Delta RGB (2x8) 16GB 3200MHz (Black) | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti OC | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | HDD: WD Black 2TB + Seagate Barracuda 4TB | SSD: Crucial MX500 2TB | PSU: Seasonic GX-550 | Monitor: 3x Asus VC239H |

I think there should be a rule applied by mods > No WCCF news. Ban who doesnt comply.

Jokes aside, will you stop it with the maxwell news?wait for official stuff,not much to go now.

I'm getting the feeling that many news sites are so anxious to release information about the 900-series that they'll cling to the slightest bit of information that they hear, and shout it out to everyone.

How does one know if this information is trustworthy? ;)

Speculation

Speculation

Figured.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I'm getting the feeling that many news sites are so anxious to release information about the 900-series that they'll cling to the slightest bit of information that they hear, and shout it out to everyone.

It's coming when it comes.

I think there should be a rule applied by mods > No WCCF news. Ban who doesnt comply.

Jokes aside, will you stop it with the maxwell news?wait for official stuff,not much to go now.

Is NVIDIA filler 'news' better than Apple filler

Need help here, still deciding on my GPU and this seems cheaper.

In a triple monitor setup, which is better? GTX 970/980 or GTX 780/780 Ti?

No SLIs for this setup and I'm fine with not playing with ultra settings because this is not mainly a PC for gaming but I'd like to futureproof my GPU so what do you think?

I'd like it to be power-efficient so the 900 series is a plus but after seeing the 256-bit bus, will it perform better than the 780/780 Ti?

If you can afford a 780 right now I'd go for that: It is likely almost the same speed as the 970 might end up being but with a tad more ram, however the 970 might even be more expensive than the 780 for a while due to supply and demand so unless you're prepared to wait a good few months after the thing is released I'd wait.

-------

Current Rig

-------