GTX 980 & 970 Pricing Leaked, $700 And $430 Respectively.

Alright folks preliminary pricing has been leaked by an online retailer from the phillipines.

The GTX 970 would cost 19-22K Philippine Pesos which converts roughly to $430-$500 and the GTX 980 would cost 31-34K Php which converts roughly to $700-$770 according to PCHub . However it is unclear at this point if these are simply inflated pre-order prices or even perhaps include a currency conversion mark-up. Perhaps even both, so take them with a grain of salt.

A picture of a Zotac GTX 970 also got leaked by the same folks.

ZOTAC-GeForce-GTX-970.jpeg

According to the original article which you can find here link. The the GTX 980 and GTX 970 will retail for $499 and $399 respectively which is noticeably lower than what the retailer has leaked. Official unveil of the upcoming GM204 Maxwell cards is scheduled for September 18th during Nvidia's Game24 event.

@Askew

pls WCCF Tech link. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Well I found a 780 that cost $500 USD here, but is 34K Php ($775 USD).

http://www.galleon.ph/product/detail/1276857/evga-geforce-gtx780-3gb-gddr5-384bit-dual-link-dvi-i-dvi-d-hdmidp-sli-ready-graphics-card-03g-p4-2781-kr

You can't really get pricing off what it will cost another country.

Just wanted to get that out there before the ragemode of the majority of the forum users kicks in...

The 780ti is less than $600 so I highly doubt this card (which supposedly performs worse) will cost over $700.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The 780ti is less than $600 so I highly doubt this card (which supposedly performs worse) will cost over $700.

preforms worse? since when do Nvidia do their highest end flagship card worse then the previous high end card?

are you high?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

preforms worse? since when do Nvidia do their highest end flagship card worse then the previous high end card?

are you high?

Well its a 980, not a 980ti. It has far less ROPs and texture units than the 780ti. Also from the leaked benchmarks, it performs between the 780 and 780ti. Also I heard several comments from some place idk that it is supposed to be better than the 780 but not the 780ti.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

7 more days until announcement! 

uNTIL THEN xKITTO!!!!! 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Well its a 980, not a 980ti. It has far less ROPs and texture units than the 780ti. Also from the leaked benchmarks, it performs between the 780 and 780ti. Also I heard several comments from some place idk that it is supposed to be better than the 780 but not the 780ti.

it is still not official. I doubt nvidia is going to make it worse. I am 100% sure on that.

Just because it got less ROPs it do not mean it is worse.

Nvidia is making this maxwell thing a tricky one. It is a whole new architechture, maybe "maxwell" rops are better ten kepler rops. Or maybe there is some other way nvidia gets away with less ropes. 

Or simply the leaks are fake

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Alright folks preliminary pricing has been leaked by an online retailer from the phillipines.

The GTX 970 would cost 19-22K Philippine Pesos which converts roughly to $430-$500 and the GTX 980 would cost 31-34K Php which converts roughly to $700-$770 according to PCHub .

A picture of a Zotac GTX 970 also got leaked by the same folks.

ZOTAC-GeForce-GTX-970.jpeg

In accordance with journalistic courtesy I have to link to the site in which I found this info first but I know how much some folks here don't care for it, so feel free to skip it.

Thx for info.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

So, we had X50ti, X60ti, X80ti is it time for X70ti or will there be another X80ti ?! Any thoughts ?

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

In replacement of Askew.

Image Removed

—Mod Glenwing

please **** with WCCF posters.

Everything bout WCCF isn't true. DId you see the last WAN show when Linus used the WCCF as source? It proofes that WCCF is not what ppl like you claim it to be

it is still not official. I doubt nvidia is going to make it worse. I am 100% sure on that.

Just because it got less ROPs it do not mean it is worse.

Nvidia is making this maxwell thing a tricky one. It is a whole new architechture, maybe "maxwell" rops are better ten kepler rops. Or maybe there is some other way nvidia gets away with less ropes. 

Or simply the leaks are fake

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/nvidias-geforce-gtx-980-will-not-beat-geforce-gtx-780-ti-insider/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/210318-gtx-780ti-may-outperform-gtx-980/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/210961-nvidia-980970-3dmark-fire-strike-gpu-score-1000th-maxwell-post/

Spoiler

PCHub sells most of its items with a high markup thus the price.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K @ 4.4GHz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1600 SSD: Samsung EVO 840 120GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Blue PSU: Corsair RM1000 Case: NZXT Phantom 630

please **** with WCCF posters.

Everything bout WCCF isn't true. DId you see the last WAN show when Linus used the WCCF as source? It proofes that WCCF is not what ppl like you claim it to be

says previous LTT no1 poster of WCCF articles

In replacement of Askew.

-snippity snip-

@Askew You have been replaced bro.You are done.

Besides the jokes,there is no way nvidia will make a slower next generation card.It simply makes no sense no matter what rumors say.

Also,very dissapointed about the pricing(if it's true ofc).

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

So, we had X50ti, X60ti, X80ti is it time for X70ti or will there be another X80ti ?! Any thoughts ?

patiently awaiting X40 Ti

it will be the lady killer

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

@Askew You have been replaced bro.You are done.

Besides the jokes,there is no way nvidia will make a slower next generation card.It simply makes no sense no matter what rumors say.

Also,very dissapointed about the pricing(if it's true ofc).

Even if it is true it places it right where a 780 costs in the States. Remember, parts in the Philippines are more expensive than the States.

leaks are leaks. Still no offical proof. 

Random pictures from random ppl is not trustworthy? 

Also where did the sources you linked get their info?, from another website?, where did that website got their info?, by a random kid which can use photoshop?

leaks are leaks

Nvidia is nvidia.

I higly doubt nvidia will make a old card crush their flagship. 

If they would do that they would have nothing to compare their new card with? Nvidia always liked the compare their older highest end GPU with their new High end GPU to show of the extra preformence. 

says previous LTT no1 poster of WCCF articles

I don't understand your darn point?

Price seems a little inflated considering 770 and 670 model pricing. I can understand why though. As a business you want to shoot slightly high at the beginning so you can gain as much profit directly out of the gate. If sales don't meet the project number then you can reduce the price accordingly.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/