R9 295X2 is it worth it

Killaknight

Is it worth it for $999.99 and is it worth destroying my black and blue theme. I need a new graphics card i have a crappy XFX Radeon HD 7770 double D.

If you got the money, what's the rest of your system, because it could possibly bottleneck. If it would bottleneck then, no, it wouldn't be worth it.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Depends on what you're doing... And for the color scheme, there's always plasti-dip...

im getting new monitors aiming for 1440 and ima need power to game on them cause i might get three instead of two.

You could spray-paint it if you want.

crossfiring two r9 290/290x gives you about the same perfomence but you dont have as much RAM.

With more RAM you can use higher textures and resolutions more efficiently.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

So an extra 8gb plus a little more watts so in my view its not really worth it so im just gonna go with 2 sapphire tri-x vapor 290 and even with these two GPU i still need more power.

Is it worth it for $999.99 and is it worth destroying my black and blue theme. I need a new graphics card i have a crappy XFX Radeon HD 7770 double D.

You could always get a couple of Vapor-X R9 290s and OC them to match or even beat the peerformance of the 295x2 and they will look amazing in your rig and keep it all black and blue.

yeah i guess ima go with my original plan cause i just got hyped up that the R9 295X2 dropped too $999.99 thought it will be worth it 

crossfiring two r9 290/290x gives you about the same perfomence 

Nope.

bf4-4k.png

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Nope.

bf4-4k.png

It depends on the resolution. 1440p is not 4k. And bf4 doesnt represent every game out there.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Nope.

bf4-4k.png

but the sapphires are not even crossfired its a single 290x on that chart plus they're not even the vapor ones but i don't think that makes a difference 

It depends on the resolution. 1440p is not 4k. And bf4 doesnt represent every game out there.

and he has a point this is 4K im looking for 1440

but the sapphires are not even crossfired its a single 290x on that chart plus they're not even the vapor ones but i don't think that makes a difference 

and he has a point this is 4K im looking for 1440

6265_34_amd_radeon_r9_295x2_8gb_and_r9_26265_32_amd_radeon_r9_295x2_8gb_and_r9_2

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

crossfiring two r9 290/290x gives you about the same perfomence but you dont have as much RAM.

Wrong. The RAM stays the same. Each GPU has its own 4GBs of memory. So it is effectively a 4GB card. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

You could spray-paint it if you want.

Wrong, same amount of ram, no matter what

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Wrong, same amount of ram, no matter what

You read it wrong.

The R9 295x2 have 8gb RAM for each Graphic chip and has 8gb of RAM to use.

Regular r9 290x cards have 4gb of RAM and adding more cards doesnt matter.

The last "With more RAM you can use higher textures and resolutions more efficiently."

I referred to the R9 295x2 since it is a better card at  higher resolutions and textures.

Not to the regular cards.

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer

You read it wrong.

The last "With more RAM you can use higher textures and resolutions more efficiently."

I referred to the R9 295x2 since it is a better card at  higher resolutions and textures.

At 1440P a single R9 290X would be adequate and then add another later, the R9 295X2 is best for a system designed for 4K using one or more card. The R9 295 X2 has 8GB but that is 4GB per core so it  reality it has 4GB of VRAM

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

You read it wrong.

I referred to the R9 295x2 since it is a better card at higher resolutions and textures.

295x2 has 8gb total

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

But only 4GB usable. 4GB for each chip. VRAM doesn't stack.

Correct but is dual 4GB of vram so it is faster.

If you really want to max out every single possible game and even 4k games. Yes. But I'd take two r9 290 non x and crossfire them.