Are corsair fans any good?

Are corsair fans any good ?

I have been looking at case fans for the last week and I noticed the corsair fans are nothing compared to other fans.
For example the bitfenix spectre PWM LED 140mm fans, are quieter and at the same time have more cfm and static pressure than the corsair sp140/af140 (quiet edition) fans... what gives? It seems like that every fan manufacturer states their noise ratings so vaguely... most of them say their fans run at 20-30 db but when the fans run at 12V they come close to 40 or even more during reviews.. again what gives, I don't understand. 

So far I've settled for the Bitfenix spectre PWM LED 140mm intakes because they have high cfm and static pressure ratings and run at 24 db.. they look so basic but I cant say no to 56.1 cfm and 2.14mm/H20 (high pressure because of fine dust filter and hdd bays)
and alpenfoehn wing boost 2 plus pwm 120mm as rear and top exhaust fan because they pull a shitload of air... and are rated at 20db

are there any better fans out there? apart from noctuas (fans have to be black or blue)

Are corsair fans any good ?

I have been looking at case fans for the last week and I noticed the corsair fans are nothing compared to other fans.

For example the bitfenix spectre PWM LED 140mm fans, are quieter and at the same time have more cfm and static pressure than the corsair sp140/af140 (quiet edition) fans... what gives? It seems like that every fan manufacturer states their noise ratings so vaguely... most of them say their fans run at 20-30 db but when the fans run at 12V they come close to 40 or even more during reviews.. again what gives, I don't understand. 

So far I've settled for the Bitfenix spectre PWM LED 140mm intakes because they have high cfm and static pressure ratings and run at 24 db.. they look so basic but I cant say no to 56.1 cfm and 2.14mm/H20 (high pressure because of fine dust filter and hdd bays)

and alpenfoehn wing boost 2 plus pwm 120mm as rear and top exhaust fan because they pull a shitload of air... and are rated at 20db

are there any better fans out there? apart from noctuas (fans have to be black or blue)

Don't look at fan specs, they are always wrong and unreliable, get some noiseblocker blacksilent pros if you want good quiet fans. To answer your question, no corsair fans arn't very good, medium range at best imo.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

noctua industrial fans, Black and removable rubber noise isolating pads. might not be a good value for the money though. I heard they are expensive. 

Not the best, not the worse

I use some SP120 Quiet editions and they are perfectly good for the price 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I really think corsair fans are overrated... 

Noiseblocker and bequiet are looking so damn good 

hmm

Ignore decibel ratings. Not everyone measures from the same distance, and usually they measure decibels above the background noise, which because decibel is a logarithmic scale is inherently wrong. A fan producing 10 dB more actually outputs 10 times as much sound energy. That's also why producing a really quiet one is so difficult. Your best bet is to see how they stack up when measured by the same person in the same way. Even then, it's not that accurate.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

the corsair fans are fine and a good deal if you buy them in a two pack, are you talking about the low noise edition or high performance.

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

I have 140mm and 120mm Corsair AF fans and they are really heavy and well built. Have good airflow unless they are restricted, then they start to suffer. The only problem with them is on the 120mm the rubber screw holes can get ripped apart when you try to unscrew the fans, making that screw hole useless

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

Look. It doesn't matter what fan you get. performance you're going to get from them is going to marginally different from the stock fans that come with your case. The only difference would be the noise, and the looks. Most stock fans run at 40-60db at 12V which is not bad for something you got for free with a case. They also look shitty. That's the only reason people change them. If you are running radiators, you need fans that are pushing/pulling air pretty well. That's the only reason you might want a fan for it's performance capabilities. Unless you are a professional overclocker, you are not going to see the difference between a good stock fan and a cheap performance one like the Corsair AF/SP series.

/rant.

I was drawn towards the corsair quiet edition fans.. the high performance one got slaughtered in reviews lol 

I just cant get forget the alpenfoehn wing boost 2 design once they start spinning! 

anyone got experience with those? 

sn158365fwuto.jpg

Look. It doesn't matter what fan you get. performance you're going to get from them is going to marginally different from the stock fans that come with your case. The only difference would be the noise, and the looks. Most stock fans run at 40-60db at 12V which is not bad for something you got for free with a case. They also look shitty. That's the only reason people change them. If you are running radiators, you need fans that are pushing/pulling air pretty well. That's the only reason you might want a fan for it's performance capabilities. Unless you are a professional overclocker, you are not going to see the difference between a good stock fan and a cheap performance one like the Corsair AF/SP series.

/rant.

You're right