weird temps and strange thinks on pc ?

9justinas9

hello guys i have really big problem with my hyper212 evo cpu is i5 4690k gpu is r9 290 vapor-x mb is msi z97 g55 sli (yea they really wanted to point that is capable of sli gez)fan setup with custom speed profile (100% at a time) 2x 1200rpm in 2x 1200rpm out with closed case

as you can see in picture my cpu hit 92c its bad ikr but it doesnt worry me too mutch the thing is the diffrence between core 0 and core 3 its 19c (36f) the only reason why i pick devils its improved tim and a bit bigger clock speed its my first rig witch i assembled myself i have put cm 212 twice because first time i put it on i had no alcohol so i had to redo it. so why does it have 19c diffrence i dont even think haswel had that big gap between cores

second question my gpu runing furmark is so hot that i cant even hold my hand on backplate while cpu runing prime95 small ffts only warms up cooler like i feel its warm and also its not hot at the top at all only heat witch is super small i feel next to cpu oh and i used thermal paste that was included with cooler only stable oc with deflout core voltage is 4ghz 4.1 and it fails i guess i didnt got good oc'er

third question my m.2 crucial m550 256gb ssd hits 62c (some ppl is affraid such temp on cpu) ikr its gpu's falt but is it bad?

i cant take off the second hdd cage coz its not made to come out so i cant lower the gpu

oh and my case is thermal take chaser a31

fourth question why my gpu coreclock is lower than 1030mhz i suppose it has to be +-1030mhz coz its specifyed frequensy and wont drop dramatically -70+mhz witch is odd coz when i overclock it it keeps frequensy plus minus i specifyed

fifth question my bios is super stupid its z97 and i only can oc cpu throw intel xtreme tuning utility i tryed everything including updating advanced mode oc genie etc and it even has oc profiles i can select but it doesnt let me click on clock speed multiplyer i can do a video if you need to see

sixth question my pc fails after sleep and it has to be unpluged to recognise my m.2 ssd again coz it just vanishes in bios seings and everywhere else

please help

ps sorry if i do mistakes my english isnt that good and feel free to correct me it helps me learn

pictures:

a69dc26457b753ff78093801cd936461518.png

c886e54c2ec55b84acd4fd6a18b61338765.jpg

mm..

1. The temperature on the Individual cores will always be different at least on my 3770k, there is as big a different on the cores if not more.

2. Prime95 is a beast of a CPU abuser, tbh.. I normally would suggest try another cooler but I guess you've only got a stock cooler. Even though intel chips are suppose to turn off when they get really hot I would rather not risk your chip. So rather try with adding an additional fan to your cooler.

Perhaps clean, reapply and install the cooler again, if your up for it. Might not be 100% surface contact between cooler block and cpu.

3. The graphics card shouldn't be throttling down at those temperatures, as it's made to run at like 85-100. And your fan speed isn't even at 50%..

4. I don't think it's your SSD thats getting hot, I would rather think it's your mechanical drive.

5. The BIOS thing, sadly no idea about MSI boards. Though I know one that has a MSI board and the menu is a bloody pain, at least without the proper usage time on it. dunno if this help a tutorial video on MSI BIOS 4, which should be z97 boards. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EspRuY-pUc

6. the disappearing SSD problem.. yeah.. after you've fixed everything else try BIOS reset (found in the manuel) or update your BIOS.

anyways hope this'll help and good luck and have fun troubleshooting! =>

mm..

1. The temperature on the Individual cores will always be different at least on my 3770k, there is as big a different on the cores if not more.

2. Prime95 is a beast of a CPU abuser, tbh.. I normally would suggest try another cooler but I guess you've only got a stock cooler. Even though intel chips are suppose to turn off when they get really hot I would rather not risk your chip. So rather try with adding an additional fan to your cooler.

Perhaps clean, reapply and install the cooler again, if your up for it. Might not be 100% surface contact between cooler block and cpu.

3. The graphics card shouldn't be throttling down at those temperatures, as it's made to run at like 85-100. And your fan speed isn't even at 50%..

4. I don't think it's your SSD thats getting hot, I would rather think it's your mechanical drive.

5. The BIOS thing, sadly no idea about MSI boards. Though I know one that has a MSI board and the menu is a bloody pain, at least without the proper usage time on it. dunno if this help a tutorial video on MSI BIOS 4, which should be z97 boards. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EspRuY-pUc

6. the disappearing SSD problem.. yeah.. after you've fixed everything else try BIOS reset (found in the manuel) or update your BIOS.

anyways hope this'll help and good luck and have fun troubleshooting! =>

1devils had to solve it mostly i will try reaplying thermal paste

2its just always on turbo boost it shouldnt get hot aspecialy when cooler is just warm

4it is my ssd look at the picture on top of gpu is that ssd and i checked with my finger it is geting such temperatures, my gheto solution was to put a piece of thik paper but it still gets hot after a while

5i updated my bios to latest and from bios feels like i have 4690 while in reality its k it makes me want to take it out let it drop and in the middle of droping kick it >:(

6it solves it self if i unplug power cable but problem is i want my computer to sleep you know everyone likes sleep :D

3i include some pictures again

first one basic rock solid oc to show it doesnt throttle when on deflout speed profile settings because its the best aircooler for 290 on the market

second is not oc manualy set speed fans to 90% and i didnt want o wait until it drops more (to 69 to be exact) but it throttle no manter what and its just odd whats obvius its not temperature causing that

9d1b56bf9b901f4f4e47a23511d48ebe314.png

d3c5ca83acc8f5969fed0dbf384adac9334.png

please help idk what to do and how to solve those issues

1. Do you want it to turbo boost constantly or is it something it's just doing?

2. So your graphics card isn't throttling when you're just doing a simple default speed "OC", like you preset it. and tell it to run that speed constantly? but it can't boost to it?

for at least on this image.

weird%20temps%20and%20strange%20thinks%2

Everything looks normal, what I was thinking about fan speed and temps was that it throtted without increasing fan speed? any way to preset wanted temps?

3. Computer doesn't like sleep, at least usually its more problematic than just having it turned off especially when you've got a SSD so load times should be fairly low. Unless you actually mean you're turning it off and on next boot it can't find your SSD?

if it's the BIOS or perhaps there could be something wrong with the SSD, haven't read up on your SSD if it's normal that it gets that hot. At least my vertex 4 feels like.. mm.. slightly hotter than room temp. Something like 23-25c.

Also wondering, are you using your boards "M.2 to SATA Express"?, if so try a normal 6Gps port.

4. When it comes to overclocking the CPU I guess it should be possible, guess searching for some guide to overclocking on MSI boards. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRB22cx3EWo perhaps this'll help.

Unfortunately i can't help you, but your GPU will live. I've been having my old HD 5770 running at 105 degrees celsius for a long time now and it still lives to this day. Your GPU SHOULD be fine. I can't guarantee it will, but it generally should be perfectly fine to run at those temps.

1. Do you want it to turbo boost constantly or is it something it's just doing?

2. So your graphics card isn't throttling when you're just doing a simple default speed "OC", like you preset it. and tell it to run that speed constantly? but it can't boost to it?

for at least on this image.

weird%20temps%20and%20strange%20thinks%2

Everything looks normal, what I was thinking about fan speed and temps was that it throtted without increasing fan speed? any way to preset wanted temps?

3. Computer doesn't like sleep, at least usually its more problematic than just having it turned off especially when you've got a SSD so load times should be fairly low. Unless you actually mean you're turning it off and on next boot it can't find your SSD?

if it's the BIOS or perhaps there could be something wrong with the SSD, haven't read up on your SSD if it's normal that it gets that hot. At least my vertex 4 feels like.. mm.. slightly hotter than room temp. Something like 23-25c.

Also wondering, are you using your boards "M.2 to SATA Express"?, if so try a normal 6Gps port.

4. When it comes to overclocking the CPU I guess it should be possible, guess searching for some guide to overclocking on MSI boards. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRB22cx3EWo perhaps this'll help.

ok

whats wrong is it has to be 1030 all the time coz it simply can but it isnt till you force it to do like afterburner

611dcdcc6b71c9258cbe06f56015c93547.png

runing furmark demp diffrence is so low because of diffrent fan speed

about ssd it suppose to be cool but heat radiates from gpu and heats it up is it bad it reaches over 60c for sure i felt it with my finger as well as sensor says that

ba9c7f5f073ae07f7ef638212dcc1d599.png

my ssd is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148798&cm_re=crucial_m550_m.2-_-20-148-798-_-Product

what happens i press sleep leave it for a while and it gives me varrious errors and only fix for it is unplug power completely and start fresh i will make video about it tomorow

about oc look at his i7devils canyon temps  his temps varry 7c diffrence at most on all cores while mine just runs turbo speed and reaching 19-20c diffrence on all cores that makes me worry a lot i will write changes after i re mount hyper 212 evo with alcohool cleaned

ok

whats wrong is it has to be 1030 all the time coz it simply can but it isnt till you force it to do like afterburner

611dcdcc6b71c9258cbe06f56015c93547.png

runing furmark demp diffrence is so low because of diffrent fan speed

about ssd it suppose to be cool but heat radiates from gpu and heats it up is it bad it reaches over 60c for sure i felt it with my finger as well as sensor says that

ba9c7f5f073ae07f7ef638212dcc1d599.png

my ssd is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148798&cm_re=crucial_m550_m.2-_-20-148-798-_-Product

what happens i press sleep leave it for a while and it gives me varrious errors and only fix for it is unplug power completely and start fresh i will make video about it tomorow

about oc look at his i7devils canyon temps  his temps varry 7c diffrence at most on all cores while mine just runs turbo speed and reaching 19-20c diffrence on all cores that makes me worry a lot i will write changes after i re mount hyper 212 evo with alcohool cleaned

Try using the reset button as a temp-fix instead of unplugging, it does the same thing except just shorts the power switch to instant restart.

i m not fixing temps with unpluging pc im fixing no wake after sleep problem

also i remounted cpu it had some bubbles on thermal paste now bigest diffrence is 9c but its still pretty big

oh and also temps droped from 90-91 to 80-81 still a lot with prime 95 small ffts just runing on full turbo boost stock voltage

Personally don't have much experience with air coolers, so can't really say how close you are to the expected temps.

the mSATA's temps are probably expected to be that, considering it's like right out against both the GPU and the CPU.

When it comes to the GPU, there should be a dual bios thing on it. Perhaps try switching? if you want to try.

also the windows sleep problem.. I guess it's a problem between Windows, mSATA and your board. I would think it happens because your board perhaps aren't "loading" your mSATA early enough when waking up. Probably only something that can be fixed with a BIOS update.

Can however not find any information about this on google.

those cpu temps are way to high. I would advise you re-seat the cooler with some new thermal paste before you break something. I was never even near those temps when i was at 4ghz in on air when i had a coolermaster tx3.

Edit: I just realized you are using prime 95 , dont use it. It is a quick way to cook your cpu.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz