16GB (4 x 4GB) 3300MHz Vs. 32GB (4 x 8GB) 2800MHz

Amer

This is for a X99 build so obviously it's DDR4 RAM. I don't know which one to get to be honest and I'm just confused at this point.

I'm going to be doing a lot of multi tasking and hard core gaming.

If I got the (4x8GB) I can configure it into 64GB RAM in the future but seriously who needs all that RAM...?

If I got the (4x4GB) it'll be faster and I can configure it into a 32GB RAM in the future.

So far I'm thinking to go for the 16GB RAM @ 3300MHz because it's a little cheaper, faster, and I can configure it to 32GB later on.

Anyway just tell me which one you'd go with and a reason why.

Cheese

..Buy the one you'll get the most use out of? If you aren't going to use over 16 gigs then get the 16 gig kit..

I don't know if I'll go over 16GB that's the problem. The MacBook Pro I have now uses like 8GB RAM just on safari, keynotes, & pages. Imagine if I'm going to do some major gaming.

I'll probably try out the 16GB one and if I need more memory I'll buy more..

Cheese

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Heh, hardcore gaming... That a interesting word your using.

I'm using 8gb ram, im gaming, multi tasking a lot. And I have 3D printer connected to the pc.. I'm pretty sure 16 is enough for you.

Hope so..

Cheese

It all depends on the programs you are going to be using. My gaming rig has 8gb and I have never maxed it out with gaming. But if you have other programs running you are going to run out eventually. I'm thinking to upgrade it to 16gb, but that is because sometimes I run a virtual machine.  In my experience OSX is more memory hungry than Windows. That is probably why your macbook uses more memory. In the end I would go with the 16gb at this moment and upgrade later to 32gb, but that is my opinion based on my experience.

CPU: Intel 3770k Cooling: Corsair H100i Motherboard: MSI Z77 MPower Memory: 2x4gb Corsair 1600 ddr3 GPU: Sapphire 6950 2gb with reference Cooler PSU: XFX pro 650w Case: Corsair Carbide 500r Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, 2x Samsung 1TB, 1x Seagate 2TB

CPU: Pentium 4 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8SGXL Memory: 2GB ddr Storage: 250GB IDE OS: FreeBSD

It all depends on the programs you are going to be using. My gaming rig has 8gb and I have never maxed it out with gaming. But if you have other programs running you are going to run out eventually. I'm thinking to upgrade it to 16gb, but that is because sometimes I run a virtual machine.  In my experience OSX is more memory hungry than Windows. That is probably why your macbook uses more memory. In the end I would go with the 16gb at this moment and upgrade later to 32gb, but that is my opinion based on my experience.

Thanks.

Cheese