Help me to understand this

Moglakos

I'm a bit confused, i see many memories running at 1866MHz 2133Mhz 2400Mhz etc, but intel says (at least for i5 4590) memory types DDR3 1333/1600Mhz.

Does this mean that the CPU support max 1600MHz? If yes then why are there higher speed rams, what's the point, is there any CPU which can run memory at that speeds? 

What should i check when i buy a memory for gaming, lower CL or Higher speed (Mhz) or a compination with both balanced?

And last question i have http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-8gb-dual-channel-ddr3-memory-kit-cmz8gx3m2a1600c9b why when i go at bios i see them running at 1333Mhz, aren;t they @1600Mhz?

And last question i have http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-8gb-dual-channel-ddr3-memory-kit-cmz8gx3m2a1600c9b why when i go at bios i see them running at 1333Mhz, aren;t they @1600Mhz?

The default setting is usally 1333, to run it at 1600 you have to manually select that frequency in BIOS.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

I'm a bit confused, i see many memories running at 1866MHz 2133Mhz 2400Mhz etc, but intel says (at least for i5 4590) memory types DDR3 1333/1600Mhz.

Does this mean that the CPU support max 1600MHz? If yes then why are there higher speed rams, what's the point, is there any CPU which can run memory at that speeds? 

What should i check when i buy a memory for gaming, lower CL or Higher speed (Mhz) or a compination with both balanced?

I'd say the point of diminishing returns on RAM for gaming would be 1600mhz CL9. Past that, the price increases quicker than the very minute difference you'll see in framerate. Save the cash for something else.

I'm not sure about that first question but the lower the CL the better, today's market CL9 is the one to go for - However I just recently bought a 1866MHz CL10 kit, I intend to down clock it to 1600MHz CL9

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Intel says theoretically that max memory support is 1600mhz but that's only in theory.You can go as high as your motherboards allows you to.

Basically every ram that is clocked higher than 1600mhz is an overclocked ram so intel said 1600mhz to cover their asses. Nothing to worry about really.

1333mhz is the stock speed of DDR3.Motherboard sets it to that and then you enable XMP or do it manually from the bios and you get your ram's advertised speed.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

However I just recently bought a 1866MHz CL10 kit, I intend to down clock it to 1600MHz CL9

Why? what "went" wrong?

For the first question, that CPU officially supports 1600mhz, but it can run high speed memories too & that's why there exists high speed memories.

For the second question, gaming doesn't benefit from RAM speed much. However High-Speed (mhz) is more important than latency. That's why RAM manufacturers are focusing more on the high speed instead of latency.

As for the 3rd question, go to bios & manually set to the 1600mhz or even easier - enable XMP.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Why? what "went" wrong?

Nothings wrong, I chose this because I can get a better latency this way

Edit:

1600MHz is the sweet spot as well, having 1866MHz wont really give performance increase but lower latency can.

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

For the second question, gaming doesn't benefit from RAM speed much. However High-Speed (mhz) is more important than latency. That's why RAM manufacturers are focusing more on the high speed instead of latency.

Thanks a lot man...

So what u said is that i would better go for http://www.corsair.com/en-us/dominator-platinum-series-8gb-2-x-4gb-ddr3-dram-1600mhz-c7-memory-kit-cmd8gx3m2a1600c7 (CL7 @1600MHz) than http://www.corsair.com/en-us/dominator-platinum-with-corsair-link-connector-1-65v-8-gb-dual-channel-ddr3-memory-kit-cmd8gx3m2b2133c9 (CL9 @2133Mhz) right?

I'd say the point of diminishing returns on RAM for gaming would be 1600mhz CL9. Past that, the price increases quicker than the very minute difference you'll see in framerate. Save the cash for something else.

and then there is my lucky friend which got a pair of g skill sniper cl9 @2133mhz for £40 while I got a pair of g skill ares 8gb cl9 @1600mhz for £48. Luck was on his side and I thought I got a good deal.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

you say the difference at games with http://www.corsair.com/en-us/dominator-platinum-with-corsair-link-connector-1-65v-8-gb-dual-channel-ddr3-memory-kit-cmd8gx3m2b2133c9 vs http://www.corsair.com/en-us/dominator-platinum-series-8gb-2-x-4gb-ddr3-dram-1600mhz-c7-memory-kit-cmd8gx3m2a1600c7 vs http://www.corsair.com/en-us/dominator-platinum-with-corsair-link-connector-1-5v-8-gb-dual-channel-ddr3-memory-kit-cmd8gx3m2a1600c8 will be 0?

if 1600mhz is cheaper yes, if they have same price than get 2133mhz. I tested Bf4 game on my RAMs which are 2400mhz & then lowered them to 1600mhz & performance was the same, maybe 2-3 fps difference which is nothing & no problem :)

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

if 1600mhz is cheaper yes, if they have same price than get 2133mhz. I tested Bf4 game on my RAMs which are 2400mhz & then lowered them to 1600mhz & performance was the same, maybe 2-3 fps difference which is nothing & no problem :)

well it;s 2133Mhz not 2400Mhz, but yes 2133MHz is 10€/14$ cheaper than 1600MHz