Haf 912 watercooling

3mperor
Go to solution Solved by jd2195,

I have been in the process of modding my HAF 912+ to fit a 240/280mm rad in the front and then a 240mm rad in the top. There is room in the front if you remove the hard drive cages for a 240mm rad and if you then remove the 5.25" drive bays you can fit a 280mm and maybe a 360mm rad, I can't remember the exact measurements.

Here is my build log if you want to have a look, I haven't touched it in a while as i went away and since getting back I have no money to finish it at the moment:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165963-project-viridis-water-cooled-haf-912/

Removing the hard drive cages was fairly simple, it just required removing a few rivets.

So i was just wondering would it be possible to put a 240mm rad in the front of the case if i took out the cages? 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Technically it would fit because there's the fan spacing but you'd have to measure to make sure the radiator tanks have space.

I have been in the process of modding my HAF 912+ to fit a 240/280mm rad in the front and then a 240mm rad in the top. There is room in the front if you remove the hard drive cages for a 240mm rad and if you then remove the 5.25" drive bays you can fit a 280mm and maybe a 360mm rad, I can't remember the exact measurements.

Here is my build log if you want to have a look, I haven't touched it in a while as i went away and since getting back I have no money to finish it at the moment:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165963-project-viridis-water-cooled-haf-912/

Removing the hard drive cages was fairly simple, it just required removing a few rivets.

My rig: i5 2500k, MSI Z77A G45, Gainward GTX 980 Phantom, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, OCZ ZT series 750W PSU, 1TB HDD, 800D, fully water cooled. I am currently working on modding my HAF 912+ to fit a custom loop, here is the build log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165963-project-viridis-water-cooled-haf-912/