what caching software does seagate hybrid drive use

SRC_S

hey there my ultrabook (acer aspire s3-951) came with a seagate hybrid hard drive which has 20GB SSD... recently i did a clean install of windows but now i can't seem to figure out what caching software came with the hybrid drive...

i tried using expresscache but when it woks it works like knife scrolling through butter... then slowly the cache starts to fill up and it flushes everything in the SSD .. i get a bluescreen most of the time and times the system just hangs up...

thanks!

Welcome to the forum! :)

After the clean install, is the hard drive by itself, without the SSD caching?

I believe that it doesn't use any software, but I'm not sure, I've never used a SSHD...

Edit: I watched a tutorial from Seagate with upgrading to a SSHD, they didn't say anything about any software for caching...

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

They don't use software, the caching is done automatically, no need to set up anything.

FYI, It is not a hybrid drive, they only go up to 8GB flash with seagate.

You have a separate HDD and a (mSATA?) 20GB SSD for which you will indeed need software to make the caching work.

I'm guessing that you are looking for the intel Smart Responce Software (SRT)

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/smart-response-technology.html

EDIT:

Does not use SRT, this might help you though, let me know if it does(n't).

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-1671671/acer-aspire-951-ssd-caching.html

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<