Do you like Netflix?

minimoose

Not sure if I can post about movies in General Discussion, let me know.

Do you guys actually like Netflix?  I'm talking about the streaming portion anyway.

Aside from TV shows, about 80% of the time they don't have what i want.  They have a ton of stuff on DVD they don't have for streaming, things I consider basic like Nolan's Batman series, they don't even have that on DVD!  LOTR is no where to be seen, Star Wars is not there, the three last Pirates moves, HARRY POTTER is missing.  All of those could be described as must watch cinema whether you like them or not.  Oh, and the Iron Man series.  Annnnddd Catching Fire.

On top of that they don't get movies out of the theaters quickly at all, things like the Winter Soldier I have been wanting to see again are already on Google Play, Amazon and will be at my local movie store tomorrow, yet Netflix hasn't even announced if it's coming at all!

I know that licensing is very difficult and expensive, but I don't understand how Netflix put Blockbuster out of business with such a crappy collection.  I mean, imagine if you only used Netflix all the amazing things you would miss!

At this point I'm pretty much only keeping the account for House of Cards and Star Trek (and my family uses it). 

I have NetFlix... but it really doesn't matter to me since I survived about a decade without TV.

INTEL i7 4790K | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X GAMING 5 | A-DATA 16GB | PCS+ R9 290 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO | MOMENTUS XT BARRACUDA |  FRACTAL DESIGN R4

I normally watch tv shows, so i use Hulu instead of Netflix. 

Netflix: Better for movies

Hulu: Better for tv shows

I would say Netflix is okay but i would prefer Hulu instead. 

I have NetFlix... but it really doesn't matter to me since I survived about a decade without TV.

I have never really watched TV at all.  Since I got Netflix I have started watching a bit more.  Why didn't you have TV for 10 years?

Not available in my region~ I would love to have a proper streaming service, but there literally is none. Amazon prime doesn't work in austria, netflix is not available, etc. Using a VPN and faking a different location is too much trouble to get a service working that you legitimately pay for IMHO.

I normally watch tv shows, so i use Hulu instead of Netflix. 

Netflix: Better for movies

Hulu: Better for tv shows

But I don't understand how Netflix is good for movies?

Not available in my region~ I would love to have a proper streaming service, but there literally is none. Amazon prime doesn't work in austria, netflix is not available, etc. Using a VPN and faking a different location is too much trouble to get a service working that you legitimately pay for IMHO.

Yeah, I feel you bro, my sisters who live outside the US struggle with that.  

I have never really watched TV at all.  Since I got Netflix I have started watching a bit more.  Why didn't you have TV for 10 years?

After the whole switch from analog TV reception to digital, my family kinda stopped after our digital box died out.

INTEL i7 4790K | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X GAMING 5 | A-DATA 16GB | PCS+ R9 290 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO | MOMENTUS XT BARRACUDA |  FRACTAL DESIGN R4

After the whole switch from analog TV reception to digital, my family kinda stopped after our digital box died out.

That was ten years ago?  Damn...  

90% of the movies I want to watch aren't on there, all of which are fucking STAPLES of cinema (fifth element, blade runner, etc) and they caved and paid for a fastlane before they legally had to, thus ensuring the death of net neutrality before it had a chance in america.

no. I do not like netflix, whoever runs netflix can go fuck themselves with a giant purple dildo.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I love netfix and cant live without it :) best investment by far I have done ( Television wise ) going on 3 years now of having Netflix.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I love netfix and cant live without it :) best investment by far I have done ( Television wise )

What stuff do you watch on there?

90% of the movies I want to watch aren't on there, all of which are fucking STAPLES of cinema (fifth element, blade runner, etc) and they caved and paid for a fastlane before they legally had to, thus ensuring the death of net neutrality before it had a chance in america.

no. I do not like netflix, whoever runs netflix can go fuck themselves with a giant purple dildo.

Well, if you put it that way...

:)

Yeah, I feel you bro, my sisters who live outside the US struggle with that.  

As long as there is no proper streaming service available I will use "other" means to watch movies, simple as that. The thing is, you can get amazon prime here and they will happily charge you for it, but none (and I mean literally none) of the features actually work. You don't get the prime shipping and you can't use the streaming service either. It's infuriating.

Netflix has a larger library of movies. Hulu has new tv shows.  

http://www.geek.com/mobile/netflix-vs-hulu-plus-video-streaming-1530507/

But even if the library is bigger than Hulu it SUCKS.

I hate having to go to my local movie store, but the only things they ever don't have are obscure international movies.

As long as there is no proper streaming service available I will use "other" means to watch movies, simple as that. The thing is, you can get amazon prime here and they will happily charge you for it, but none (and I mean literally none) of the features actually work. You don't get the prime shipping and you can't use the streaming service either. It's infuriating.

You get a pass on my anti-piracy rant. 

What stuff do you watch on there?

Mainly movies, but, I do like alot of the TV series that they offer such as,

1) Orange is the new black

2) Lye to me

3) Once upon a time

4) House of cards

5) The office

and much much more.

Netflix has a great selection of their own " original series"

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Mainly movies, but, I do like alot of the TV series that they offer such as,

1) Orange is the new black

2) Lye to me

3) Once upon a time

4) House of cards

5) The office

and much much more.

I'll check out the ones I haven't seen!

But even if the library is bigger than Hulu it SUCKS.

I hate having to go to my local movie store, but the only things they ever don't have are obscure international movies.

Well i like Hulu because they have the tv show that i like, such as Cheers, Top Gear(UK), Frasier, and much more.

the only thing i dont like about netflix is that they take for ever to update the Libraries and when i watch a MacFarlane show the audio just drops out for couple seconds and you have to rewind to get it back

Cpu: 5820K @4.0GHz   Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-SLI    Ram: Patriot Signature 16GB @ 2133   GPU: Gigabyte G1 980  Soundcard: ASUS DX  

Speakers: Logitech Z906 and Astro A40's   Keyboard: Logitech G510