Do you like Netflix?

minimoose

You asked us if we Liked it and I gave you my opinion so don't get a hissy fit when I answer your question.

I'm not having a hissy fit.

Do you even have a Netlfix account?

Netflix is for plebs, YouTube wins. 

I love Youtube and for every minute of Netflix I have an hour of Youtube, but still you can't get that production value or epicness of certain movies.

Well i like Hulu because they have the tv show that i like, such as Cheers, Top Gear(UK), Frasier, and much more.

I don't know much about Hulu do they have all the staple shows?

I've had Netflix for a few years now. My family still has cable, but my parents only use it to watch The Big Bang Theory (I can't stand hearing it from the other room) and Faux News.

I have cable in my room, but I hardly ever use it. The only time I've used it is when our internet is mysteriously out and the cable is still working, which is a very rare occasion.

What I normally do on a day-to-day basis when I'm home is rotate between all of my subscribed Youtube channels and whatever my Facebook friends recommend to me on Netflix.

I've seen just about everything good, but I refuse to watch Breaking Bad, Dexter and Doctor Who. There are way too many people talking about it and it got annoying to me, so even seeing the show name just turns me off from it.

Also, Streaming-wise I've noticed sometimes my quality will degrade yet I can watch Youtube videos in 1080p no problem. Dunno what's going on there.

I don't have cable or satellite. I use netflix for some shows and [other services which I won't mention] for everything else.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

I don't know much about Hulu do they have all the staple shows?

what staple shows?

I've had Netflix for a few years now. My family still has cable, but my parents only use it to watch The Big Bang Theory (I can't stand hearing it from the other room) and Faux News.

I have cable in my room, but I hardly ever use it. The only time I've used it is when our internet is mysteriously out and the cable is still working, which is a very rare occasion.

What I normally do on a day-to-day basis when I'm home is rotate between all of my subscribed Youtube channels and whatever my Facebook friends recommend to me on Netflix.

I've seen just about everything good, but I refuse to watch Breaking Bad, Dexter and Doctor Who. There are way too many people talking about it and it got annoying to me, so even seeing the show name just turns me off from it.

Also, Streaming-wise I've noticed sometimes my quality will degrade yet I can watch Youtube videos in 1080p no problem. Dunno what's going on there.

I feel the same way about people talking too much about shows :)  There's a way to sort of force HD.  Let me know if you need a tutorial.

I love Youtube and for every minute of Netflix I have an hour of Youtube, but still you can't get that production value or epicness of certain movies.

I feel like your cat could stare through my eyes and into my soul. 

what staple shows?

The classics.  Anything from Breaking Bad to the first season of Star Trek.

I feel like your cat could stare through my eyes and into my soul. 

Only if a mouse was in your soul :D

I feel the same way about people talking too much about shows :)  There's a way to sort of force HD.  Let me know if you need a tutorial.

Is it the quality setting through Account Settings?

I just looked at it just now and realized it was set to auto. I guess it reverted me back to auto when Netflix rolled out their update. :l

I like Netflix. Little bit of a pain since the Canada version is limited compared to the American version, but short of caring enough to set up a VPN there ain't nothing to do about it.

It eats about a third of my watching time, mainly for shows like Suits. YouTube and Twitch fight over the rest.

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

3) Once upon a time

I was skeptic of this show after someone recommended that to me since it's a 'fairy tale' show that's female-role led. Not that I have a problem with it, it's just girly movies/shows bore me :P

But after giving it a chance I find it interesting to watch.

There's also another show called Continuum I was sooooo wrong about before I watched it, ha.

EDIT: Ugh, this is the second time this week I didn't compile my multiple replies. What is wrong with me.

I'm not having a hissy fit.

Do you even have a Netlfix account?

Yes I used it for a little bit and it just wasn't my thing.

Netflix is great. I also have Hulu+ and Amazon prime so I have cut the cord from cable/satellite tv. 

They added Criminal Minds

so i love netflix

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

I'm currently on the free trial and while I've been happy with the service, there just isn't a big enough library of movies & TV shows (in the UK at least). 

I theory I love it, but I can't use it easily due to not being Australian.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I love it, I just watch TV shows though, usually the same ones on in the background while I'm doing other things

I theory I love it, but I can't use it easily due to not being Australian.

If you could you would find it is pretty disappointing. 

NetFlix is great, sure they are pulling some content but in the end they are the be all of streaming (legal). Hulu was OK but now at least for me blows, they have less and less shows. Coming in 3rd and overtaking Hulu is Amazon, they have more and more show's movies that are not on NetFlix/Hulu or have been taken off of those so its a good backup also, you can buy the shows and sort of own them so you can stream them when ever you want and not have to download and use up your local disk space.

NetFlix has a lot of good movies you just have to browse and give some a shot, beats the old commercial ridden regular TV by a TON!

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Not sure if I can post about movies in General Discussion, let me know.

Do you guys actually like Netflix?  I'm talking about the streaming portion anyway.

Aside from TV shows, about 80% of the time they don't have what i want.  They have a ton of stuff on DVD they don't have for streaming, things I consider basic like Nolan's Batman series, they don't even have that on DVD!  LOTR is no where to be seen, Star Wars is not there, the three last Pirates moves, HARRY POTTER is missing.  All of those could be described as must watch cinema whether you like them or not.  Oh, and the Iron Man series.  Annnnddd Catching Fire.

On top of that they don't get movies out of the theaters quickly at all, things like the Winter Soldier I have been wanting to see again are already on Google Play, Amazon and will be at my local movie store tomorrow, yet Netflix hasn't even announced if it's coming at all!

I know that licensing is very difficult and expensive, but I don't understand how Netflix put Blockbuster out of business with such a crappy collection.  I mean, imagine if you only used Netflix all the amazing things you would miss!

At this point I'm pretty much only keeping the account for House of Cards and Star Trek (and my family uses it). 

Well I don't often use it but when I do I have to jump between american, canadian, and european servers to see if one of them have the movie I want and when they don't I resort to Popcorntime,I had to use popcorntime recently after looking for one of those dark ally movie streaming sites and being prompted to disable ad block and doing it (mistake because my mother wanted to watch and instantly after removing ad block, pop up ads of hentai every where that refused to be close needless to say I had to do a system restore and relearned a lesson) so I said fuck it, I'm not one for downloading it and if it's as good as i remember I'll pick it up on blue-ray for the special features.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?