Gigabyte confuses me!

Kimmaz

Well, more VRAM doesnt mean more fps or even better performance. Just that the card can support higher resolutions as they require more vram...so in something like a triple 1080p setup or something like that--4gb 770 SLI should be quite a bit better than 2gb. no?  

why would there be a performance penalty?

It means better performance only in cases when the VRAM is necessary. Technically, if you were to run out of VRAM the 4GB card would be multiples better performing.

There is a very small (you won't feel it, but you could measure it in some games) performance loss due to the increased difficulty on the memory controller of managing 4GB instead of 2GB, may or may not reduce mem OC potential or raise mem latency.

I plan on owning it for 3 years, who knows, I might want a 1440p screen in a year for all i know. I cant afford more than one component at the time. in that time span i might have swapped out every other component in the pc, just like i have in the past 3 years, just happens that my current graphics card is the oldest piece of hardware in my system, so it is "its" turn to be upgraded. I think ill get a 4gb version just to be on the safe side.

BTW Ive decided to wait a month or 2 and save up for one of these,, witch one would you ppl suggest i get?

cFpBcWA.png

WF 290.

Error: 410

Thank for all the feedback! I will go with the Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 Windforce 3X 4GB. Ill probably get it in a month or two. 

I just updated my profile with all my hardware btw,, first time i looked at the profile settings. Ill probalby update more when i got the time.