3-Way setup or wait for better 4k\QHD options

SilverKnight

Hi Guys, so i have probably spent the better part of 24 hours over the last two weeks looking for the best, reasonably priced and "lasting" monitors i could find.

The questions i have, are, what are the best, thin-bezel monitors currently available that's 27" or above that would work well in for both gaming and productivity.

The best i have found so far is the:benq gw2760hs. It's at a decent price, thin-bezel monitor but the aspect ratio is wrong 16:9 instead of 16:10 which i personally believe should become the standard for this type of monitor.If i were to choose a budget, i would say 800 is my ceiling, although i am aware for that much i could get the lg 34um95, but i am waiting for that to come down in price.

ROG swift will be awesome for many years to come.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

AOC I2769VM's 
or
AOC-i2757Fh's

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

ROG swift will be awesome for many years to come.

With todays GPU's getting 3 1440p monitor for surround isn't a good idea, since that is even more pixels then a 4K monitor and just that is hard enough to run.

With todays GPU's getting 3 1440p monitor for surround isn't a good idea, since that is even more pixels then a 4K monitor and just that is hard enough to run.

Yeah but he could just get one...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yeah but he could just get one...

But he wants either 3 monitors or a single 4K.

But he wants either 3 monitors or a single 4K.

well he would have a better gaming experience on a single 1440p monitor.

Spoiler

well he would have a better gaming experience on a single 1440p monitor.

I agree with you on that one, I own a PG278Q myself.

I agree with you on that one, I own a PG278Q myself.

One ROG swift would be the best gaming experience at this moment. He can always add two more for surround when graphics hardware becomes more powerful in the future :)

Spoiler

I don't see the comparison between the options. Gaming wise a 3 way setup is better then any single monitor no matter what. Being able to see more in a first person shooter will always be better then seeing it better on one screen. If youre good at gaming then there isn't an argument, more is better.  

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

AOC I2769VM's 

or

AOC-i2757Fh's

Any other IPS 27" monitors like this? I don't care much for MHL, better resolution would be nice like, 2560 x 1440p or 2560 x 1080 or maybe QHD but at the best price and thin bezel. 

I have no interest in TN Panels what-so ever anymore.

Any other IPS 27" monitors like this? I don't care much for MHL, better resolution would be nice like, 2560 x 1440p or 2560 x 1080 or maybe QHD but at the best price and thin bezel. 

I have no interest in TN Panels what-so ever anymore.

Lg 34um65... 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Lg 34um65... 

I would not consider that one as but would love it's bigger brother, the 34um95 but the price is still 760+ in the UK. It will be awhile before that drops.

@Deletive

What monitor do you consider a better size, 24" or 27" if the resolution is the same on each monitor.

In terms of gaming convenience and price.

I would not consider that one as but would love it's bigger brother, the 34um95 but the price is still 760+ in the UK. It will be awhile before that drops.

@Deletive

What monitor do you consider a better size, 24" or 27" if the resolution is the same on each monitor.

In terms of gaming convenience and price.

my main monitor is 27inches... and my 2nd monitor is 24; I prefer 27.

Computing enthusiast.