Water Cooling a 4770k and a 780

SKOONJar

So I built this pc a couple months back planning of eventually doing a full water cooling loop on the 4770k and the EVGA 780 SC ACX. Well now I think I have enough money to shell out for one. I have a Corsair 750D that this is going into. So I was wondering what would you guys put into it with say a 400$ budget. I would like to stick with plain black EK blocks and a D5 pump but the rest I haven't really decided on. This would be my first custom loop so I don't really know what products are good so recommendations would be awesome! So if you feel oh so inclined send me your carts for what you recommend! Thanks in advance!

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

I spent $800 on a 4770k and 780Ti. Might be tight.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

I would use at least a 360mm rad, and I've seen the XSPC 360 rads that would be great for your build. It also supports it on top (3x120mm.)

The RX360 is a little thicker. http://www.xs-pc.com/radiators-rx-series/rx360-triple-fan-radiator-v2

If it doesn't fit, you can use the EX360, which is thinner. http://www.xs-pc.com/radiators-ex-series/ex360-triple-fan-radiator

EK blocks and the D5 pump are great. :)

I spent $800 on a 4770k and 780Ti. Might be tight.

Cant afford to dump that much money into it...

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

@SKOONJar

You need like $600, bare minimum to do a water cooled loop, even that is pushing it.

You could do what I did and buy an AIO for each CPU and GPU. It will cost less than $200 and your temperatures won't exceed 50C on both CPU and GPU.

For your CPU, Buy a Cooler Master Seidon 240M for $60 after MIR on Newegg.com.

For your GPU, Buy a G10 ($30) + H55 ($50) or X31($70) + Heatsinks ($10-$25). You will also have to buy a copper shim($3) because of this model of 780 so that the cooler makes proper contact. There are also some optional extras that you can buy, but they are not expensive and not required. I did the G10 mod on my EVGA 780 and can help walk you through it if this is something you are interested in.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

@SKOONJar

You need like $600, bare minimum to do a water cooled loop, even that is pushing it.

You could do what I did and buy an AIO for each. It will cost less than $200 and your temperatures won't exceed 50C on both CPU and GPU.

For your CPU, Buy a Cooler Master Seidon 240M for $60 after MIR on Newegg.com.

For your GPU, Buy a G10 ($30) + H55 ($50) or X31($70) + Heatsinks ($10-$25). You will also have to buy a copper shim($3) because of this model of 780 so that the cooler makes proper contact. There are also some optional extras that you can buy, but they are not expensive and not required. I did the G10 mod on my EVGA 780 and can help walk you through it if this is something you are interested in.

I have everything I need except for the fittings in for just under 400$

@SKOONJar

Show us the components you plan to use please.

I could be very wrong, but in the custom WC loops i've seen, if you are spending less than $600, chances are you are using sub-par components which is something I would not recommend. If you are going to water cool, you do not skimp out on any component whatsoever. You want the best quality components from highly regarded companies. Alternatively, maybe you did find good quality components for $400, but you don't have enough radiator space and your temps will be the same as if you used an AIO solution like I have. Maybe you want to add more radiators later? Or you're doing it for the looks? Combination of the two?

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

@SKOONJar

Show us the components you plan to use please.

I could be very wrong, but in the custom WC loops i've seen, if you are spending less than $600, chances are you are using sub-par components which is something I would not recommend. If you are going to water cool, you do not skimp out on any component whatsoever. You want the best quality components from highly regarded companies. Alternatively, maybe you did find good quality components for $400, but you don't have enough radiator space and your temps will be the same as if you used an AIO solution like I have. Maybe you want to add more radiators later? Or you're doing it for the looks? Combination of the two?

Well I just remembered I forgot the reservoir. Sorry about that this is more towards 500$ 

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/17483/ex-blc-1348/EK_Supreme_LTX_Intel_CPU_Liquid_Cooling_Block_-_Acetal_Nickel_CSQ_EK-Supreme_LTX_-_AcetalNickel_CSQ.html

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/22130/ex-blc-1581/EK_GeForce_780_GTX_Ti_VGA_Liquid_Cooling_Block_-_Nickel_Acetal_EK-FC780_GTX_Ti_-_AcetalNickel.html

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14328/ex-rad-316/XSPC_EX360_Triple_120mm_Low_Profile_Split_Fin_Radiator.html

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/21014/ex-pmp-245/EK_D5_X-Top_Pump_Top_w_D5_Vario_Pump_-_Black_Acetal_EK-D5_Vario_X-TOP_incl_pump.html

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13474/koo-299/Koolance_38_x_12_10mm_x_13mm_G_14_Threaded_Compression_Nozzle_-_Black_NZL-V10-BK.html      x10

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/17886/ex-tub-1619/PrimoChill_PrimoFlex_Advanced_LRT_Tubing_38ID_x_12_OD_-_10ft_Retail_Pack_-_Bloodshed_Red_PFLEXA10-12-R_w_Free_Sys_Prep.html

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/17509/ex-res-432/EK-MultiOption_RES_X3_250_-_Liquid_Cooling_Reservoir_6_Total_Ports.html

Ya, those are good quality parts. Thing is, a single 360 rad for CPU and GPU isn't going to get you very good temperatures. Basically the same as what I'm getting at three times the price.

It will look better and you can always add more later. You're still creeping towards $500+ though.

I'm on my phone right now but I can take a better look tomorrow or hopefully someone with more expertise than me can jump in.

Ya, those are good quality parts. Thing is, a single 360 rad for CPU and GPU isn't going to get you very good temperatures. Basically the same as what I'm getting at three times the price.

It will look better and you can always add more later. You're still creeping towards $600 though after reservoir.

I know like you said above its more for looks than anything. Temps aren't bugging me where they are at but I do want to finish my themed build.

400 that is easy pick up a h220 or h220x or glacier 240l then pick up a 360 or 240 rad to add and you ek GPU block and 4 fittings and some tubing