What is the main diffrence between CPU letter codes

Go to solution Solved by Aniallation,

Basicly the topic's name i see all these processors with X, S, K. i know K is Unlocked but what are the other ones for?

X = eXpensive Extreme edition. These chips are meant for enthusiasts with deep pockets who want to get the most out of one CPU

K = Unlocked consumer-grade CPUs. The stuff most of us buy

S = Underclocked chips with lower TDP. The stuff OEMs buy to get away with crappier stock coolers, crappier airflow, and crappier PSUs

R = Chips with Intel Iris graphics. Who buys these

Basicly the topic's name i see all these processors with X, S, K. i know K is Unlocked but what are the other ones for?

X is for Xtreme Edition, K is Unlocked like you said and I have never seen S before.

4670S?

I think S is just for power efficiency.

4670S?

I think S is just for power efficiency.

I have only ever seen processors denominated as "K" "X" or nothing at all aha. Thank you for the info though.

X = eXpensive Extreme edition. These chips are meant for enthusiasts with deep pockets who want to get the most out of one CPU

S = Underclocked chips with lower TDP. The stuff OEMs buy to get away with crappier stock coolers, crappier airflow, and crappier PSUs

"Rawr XD"

and R if you're wondering means it has a better iGPU.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Extreme edition chips are consumer grade too. :)

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Extreme edition chips are consumer grade too. :)

Some people's wallets look like bibles, some look like ultrabooks. 

"Rawr XD"

I see this linked all the time and the explanations are horrible lol

How are the lower-clocked, lower-TDP S chips for "performance-optimized lifestyles"?

optimised to give the most power with the least energy. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

optimised to give the most power with the least energy. 

More like binned chips that had to be underclocked. lol

"Rawr XD"