Intel Denies that Asus' X99 boards Void Warranty

was said in the previous thread too. they compare it to aftermarket cooling, or non standard topology

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

can someone explain to the uninformed like me wtf an OC socket does

Error: 410

a not reference socket 

oc-socket.jpg

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Somebody has said this before, but you need a gif of that image that slowly rotates one way, so when people scroll down and back up you have moved.

a not reference socket 

-snip-

Who the Hell shoves 1.825 volts through a CPU socket?! That memory controller is going to be on the verge of MELTING! Is this practice for the 16-core Xeons maybe?!

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Who the Hell shoves 1.825 volts through a CPU socket?! That memory controller is going to be on the verge of MELTING! Is this practice for the 16-core Xeons maybe?!

Extreme overclocking which the X99 Deluxe is capable of doing quite well

Extreme overclocking which the X99 Deluxe is capable of doing quite well

Your VCore should never break 1.5 on Haswell. What else runs so high?

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

they just showed it. you can still run 1.325 through it and it just wont drop those volts

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

they just showed it. you can still run 1.325 through it and it just wont drop those volts

So the advertisement is really just more stability?

So the advertisement is really just more stability?

basically. or less voltage, since the cpu actually gets the volts you set. there is no drop

Your VCore should never break 1.5 on Haswell. What else runs so high?

Extreme overclocking... Like phase change, LN2 and dry ice

Extreme overclocking... Like phase change, LN2 and dry ice

But then wouldn't they have put said socket on a specific overclocking board? I could see MSI doing this on their XPower boards.

basically. or less voltage, since the cpu actually gets the volts you set. there is no drop

AH! More fine control. I like it.

But then wouldn't they have put said socket on a specific overclocking board? I could see MSI doing this on their XPower boards.

How is the Deluxe not a high end board capable of extreme overclocks? They also did put it on the RVE

to me, its a gimmick.. ill just add more volts if i see that my 1.32 only supplies 1.27 and im not stable

I believe the 'mod' socket is from intel testing pins that allow up to 1.21v.

that is why you put more than 1.5v through a cpu :)

LN2. extreme overclock. only meant to run for the validation. noone cares.

How is the Deluxe not a high end board capable of extreme overclocks? They also did put it on the RVE

Usually the big overclocking boards come with stripped down specs and put everything into power phase design. If this board does everything and kick-ass top-end overclocking, more power to ASUS.

LN2. extreme overclock. only meant to run for the validation. noone cares.

meh. it means extreme ocers will gravitate to asus boards again. most of the z97 folks are getting msi mpower and asrock oc formulas.

hwbot is a pretty big site so keeping those folks happy is still increased sales for the extra milligram of metal you put on a socket :P plus advertising to people that don't know the real reason

and as intel has denied warranty voiding it's all good.