I found my H105 a bit loud, how can I change fan speeds and "modes?"

SHiFT

yes, buy a fan controller.

but, make sure it's the fans, cuz sometimes it could be the pump.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

yes, buy a fan controller.

but, make sure it's the fans, cuz sometimes it could be the pump.

Cant I control it myself, its a bit loud as a new system, my other one didnt even fan proper fans :D

I will get used to it, was just curious. Also, what software you recommend to monitor temps on GPU and all that?

I'm streaming every day, many AAA games, to entertain people and to get a hang of games that others are unable to play or want to see before they buy. 

Check my profile for my ultimate rig! http://linustechtips.com/main/user/109708-shift/

Cant I control it myself, its a bit loud as a new system, my other one didnt even fan proper fans :D

I will get used to it, was just curious. Also, what software you recommend to monitor temps on GPU and all that?

Intel XTU, HWmonitor

if your fans plugged into the mobo you can try the bios

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

Intel XTU, HWmonitor

if your fans plugged into the mobo you can try the bios

So, the H105 cant be manually switched into like "Quiet" mode or anything like that? Apparently it can be?

I'm streaming every day, many AAA games, to entertain people and to get a hang of games that others are unable to play or want to see before they buy. 

Check my profile for my ultimate rig! http://linustechtips.com/main/user/109708-shift/

So, the H105 cant be manually switched into like "Quiet" mode or anything like that? Apparently it can be?

maybe with corsair link, havent tried.

maybe with corsair link, havent tried.

Thats H80i and H100i, I got 105

You could use a fan control software or your bios on the mobo to slow the fan speed down through the fan controller. That's pretty much it though.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

Plug the fans into a fan header on the motherboard that you can set up a fan curve or profile for.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Plug the fans into a fan header on the motherboard that you can set up a fan curve or profile for.

You could use a fan control software or your bios on the mobo to slow the fan speed down through the fan controller. That's pretty much it though.

If you could sorta guide me through I would appriciate it perhaps. New to these things and want to try to. Also, how can I check if its already perhaps pre-done onto the headers? I have quite a lot of accessories, so please do tell me if you have the time.

If you could sorta guide me through I would appriciate it perhaps. New to these things and want to try to. Also, how can I check if its already perhaps pre-done onto the headers? I have quite a lot of accessories, so please do tell me if you have the time.

Alright. On your motherboard you'll see various fan headers. They'll either have three or four pins, and will have sys_fan or cha_fan or chassis_fan or something similar silkscreened next to them. You should be able to plug one of your fans into them. By default, these fan headers will usually run at relatively high speed, so if you can you want to set them to go slower. You can do this by looking what header the fan is attached to, going in the BIOS and setting the desired fan profile. Where to find this option will depend on your motherboard manufacturer, but usually it'll either be a vague description going from silent over standard to performance, a temperature the fan should try to maintain, or a full blown fan curve you can adjust yourself.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Alright. On your motherboard you'll see various fan headers. They'll either have three or four pins, and will have sys_fan or cha_fan or chassis_fan or something similar silkscreened next to them. You should be able to plug one of your fans into them. By default, these fan headers will usually run at relatively high speed, so if you can you want to set them to go slower. You can do this by looking what header the fan is attached to, going in the BIOS and setting the desired fan profile. Where to find this option will depend on your motherboard manufacturer, but usually it'll either be a vague description going from silent over standard to performance, a temperature the fan should try to maintain, or a full blown fan curve you can adjust yourself.

Bash F8 during boot to get into ASRock UEFI, right? I got the Extreme 4. From there on I can take it and do it myself more than likely. Can I adjust the fans on the H105 from there if they are connected or just case fans?

It's F2 on my FM2+ ASRock board. I think you'll find your fan settings under the 'tools' tab. You'll be able to control the H105's fans from there as if they were case fans if they are connected to case fan headers, yes.

It's F2 on my FM2+ ASRock board. I think you'll find your fan settings under the 'tools' tab. You'll be able to control the H105's fans from there as if they were case fans if they are connected to case fan headers, yes.

I got an ASRock Extreme 4 for my 4790K so Its prob F8?

I got an ASRock Extreme 4 for my 4790K so Its prob F8?

It'll say on the very first screen when the computer turns on. It's F2 on an ASRock FM2A88X Extreme4+

It'll say on the very first screen when the computer turns on. It's F2 on an ASRock FM2A88X Extreme4+

Yea, I got into it. I set CPU fans to silent mode, prob a bit better but I need to get used to the pump sounds and all that :D

Yea, I got into it. I set CPU fans to silent mode, prob a bit better but I need to get used to the pump sounds and all that :D

I'm not quite sure but I think you may be able to plug the pump into a fan header as well and slow it down too. Not sure tho.

I'm not quite sure but I think you may be able to plug the pump into a fan header as well and slow it down too. Not sure tho.

Went in BIOS and at CPU Fan 1 + 2 settings, I set it to Silent Mode. Now, it sounds a lot more acceptable! :D

With this, it still does the same job, only on lower RPM, right?

My H105 was pretty, well loud to say the least, so from Standard Mode, in the ASRock BIOS, I changed CPU Fan 1+2 into Silent Mode. Does this do the same job, only at lower RPM, or will I notice anything?

Your temperatures should go up because the lower fan speed means air isn't moving over the radiator as quickly.

However, if your temps are still safe under full load then it's fine.

Hey guys!

My H105 was pretty, well loud to say the least, so from Standard Mode, in the ASRock BIOS, I changed CPU Fan 1+2 into Silent Mode. Does this do the same job, only at lower RPM, or will I notice anything?

At a lower RPM you may get higher temps.

Depending on how well everything works--It could very well be that at 50% and at 100% the same flow occurs. But more than likely, temps will be higher. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Your temperatures should go up because the lower fan speed means air isn't moving over the radiator as quickly.

However, if your temps are still safe under full load then it's fine.

At a lower RPM you may get higher temps.

Depending on how well everything works--It could very well be that at 50% and at 100% the same flow occurs. But more than likely, temps will be higher. 

At Idle, I still get around the ~25 celsius in all cores with the 4790K, just like on the bigger RPM. I dont OC, nor use that heavy CPU intensive stuff just yet, so it should not overheat with that cooler on it lol

At Idle, I still get around the ~25 celsius in all cores with the 4790K, just like on the bigger RPM. I dont OC, nor use that heavy CPU intensive stuff just yet, so it should not overheat with that cooler on it lol

Idle doesn't matter. See what your load temps are. So long as you stay below 80ºc you can lower speeds as much as you want. 

But, you should easily be able to run it at lower speeds. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Idle doesn't matter. See what your load temps are. So long as you stay below 80ºc you can lower speeds as much as you want.

I'll go into Titanfall then, gonna report in a sec!

UPDATE:

OK, so after a MP match, max temps according were 48, didnt even get near 50 :P Good nuff and its nice and silent too.

OK, so after a MP match, max temps according were 48, didnt even get near 50 :P Good nuff and its nice and silent too.

Awesome!

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky