Help upgrading graphics card

I want to upgrade my graphics card and I need some help with that.

This are my current specs:

Case: Sharkoon BD28 Red edition
cpu: AMD FX-8320 ( 8x 3500 Mhz ) Octocore      -    not overclocked and not planning too.
motherboard GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P
gpu: nVidia GTX 760 (MSI N760 TF 2GD5/OC     
8GB DDR3 1600Mhz 2x 4GB RAM
1tb hardrive
Corsair VS Series VS450

I have a few options in mind:

1. Get a gtx 770, or 780

2. Get 2 amd 280x in crossfire

3. get a 290 or 290x

I would want to know if it is worth to upgrade and what is possible with my powersuply?

I'm not planning to overclock the graphics card. If anyone wants to tell my a better option of what is possible with my specs, that would help out a lot.

Also my motherboard doesn't support sli i think, but i am not 100%^shure

You can get a 290 for like $350 so, if you can pick that up you can get that instead of a 780.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Wait at least two to three weeks before planning to upgrade your graphics card. New stuff might be releasing soon that you should take a look at.

Wait at least two to three weeks before planning to upgrade your graphics card. New stuff might be releasing soon that you should take a look at.

Yeah i was thinking that as well but these are my options right now

You can get a 290 for like $350 so, if you can pick that up you can get that instead of a 780.

Is 1 290 better than 280x crossfire? Because i van get the 280x very cheap here, And I heard the 290 had lots of heat problems is that true?

But can i run a 290 with my specs because i dont know if my psu can handle it...

Is 1 290 better than 280x crossfire? Because i van get the 280x very cheap here, And I heard the 290 had lots of heat problems is that true?

it's not better than 280x crossfire. but it's usually better to have 1 card then 2 cards; yeah but 2 cards will be hotter than one.

Upgrade your PSU also. :) 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

it's not better than 280x crossfire. but it's usually better to have 1 card then 2 cards; yeah but 2 cards will be hotter than one.

Upgrade your PSU also. :)

The problem with upgarding my psu is that i don't really want to do that...because of all the cables and i am kinda scared i break something.... I have no problem with upgrading my gpu because than i don't have to change all cables and stuff. So what would be the max I could get with my current psu?

I want to upgrade my graphics card and I need some help with that.

This are my current specs:

Case: Sharkoon BD28 Red edition

cpu: AMD FX-8320 ( 8x 3500 Mhz ) Octocore      -    not overclocked and not planning too.

motherboard GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P

gpu: nVidia GTX 760 (MSI N760 TF 2GD5/OC     

8GB DDR3 1600Mhz 2x 4GB RAM

1tb hardrive

Corsair VS Series VS450

I have a few options in mind:

1. Get a gtx 770, or 780

2. Get 2 amd 280x in crossfire

3. get a 290 or 290x

I would want to know if it is worth to upgrade and what is possible with my powersuply?

I'm not planning to overclock the graphics card. If anyone wants to tell my a better option of what is possible with my specs, that would help out a lot.

Also my motherboard doesn't support sli i think, but i am not 100%^shure

With a 450 watt PSU, you won't be using a 290 or doing any crossfire/sli

IMO, Sli is more stable than crossfire, although your board may not support it.

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

The problem with upgarding my psu is that i don't really want to do that...because of all the cables and i am kinda scared i break something.... I have no problem with upgrading my gpu because than i don't have to change all cables and stuff. So what would be the max I could get with my current psu?

You won't break something. you might have to use a ping or something to push the clip on the GPU power cables, but its easy. Youtube is your friend

If you don't then you won't be able to upgrade.

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

But can i run a 290 with my specs because i dont know if my psu can handle it...

Crossfire introduces a load of problems, you never know if it will affect you or not.

A reference 290 will have heat problems. Get one with an aftermarket cooler and you won't

Also the heat of 2x 280x will be more than even 1 reference 290.

Your board doesn't support SLI

Yeah i was thinking that as well but these are my options right now

A single gtx 970 or 980 could be an excellent choice. They will be more expensive, but if you don't get any of them then they will at least cause previous gen NVIDIA cards to drop in price (over time) and it could lead to AMD price drops, because the 970 and 980 are going to smash anything AMD has, and so they will focus more on perf/dollar and good value.

Upgrade CPU & mobo first to Intel. Your current CPU gonna bottleneck high-end GPU.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Right now i have a gtx 760 and i have no problems with power, would like a gtx 770 need that much more power?