Unable install Linux (Mint, Zorin, Lubuntu) + operate on Vmare

I already out of option right now. I really wanted to test Linux OS. So at first I download Zorin and tested on 2 laptop (Asus N53 + Acer aspire 4937). Asus was failure because I cannot the change the boot sequence at all (I don't know why I cannot go to the BIOS even I tried so many method). I managed to work around for Acer but the OS is not installing. I used UnetBoot and Universal USB installer to create Live USB. I even burn the OS (only Zorin) on DVD+R. I tried each of this step for Zorin, Lubuntu and Linux Mint (Cinnamon, KDE and Xfce version)

I tried to operate the OS through Vmare but also fail.

I don't know what are the other methods left for me to try.

Somebody pls help me.

Thank you in advance

-Snipe-

I used Puppy when I installed Linux on my old, very faulty laptop.

Other than that, have you tried to do a memory diagnostic to see if it's a faulty stick?

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

When you booted from USB, did you go straight to installation, or did you also try to run the Linux OS from the USB stick?

I used Puppy when I installed Linux on my old, very faulty laptop.

Other than that, have you tried to do a memory diagnostic to see if it's a faulty stick?

Did you mean memtest86?

When you booted from USB, did you go straight to installation, or did you also try to run the Linux OS from the USB stick?

During USB Boot, I just let it boot by default (which I watch installation method from youtube). Not by select Install Zorin. No. I never run from USB. I try to run on Vmare from image file ISO stored in laptop. Vmare reporting that it unable to determine the program that I select. So I go and download windows ISO to see the issue with Vmare or not. It actually able to detect Windows ISO(it is impossible for all Linux OS that I downloaded is not detected by Vmare right?).

Not sure how old these laptops are, do they have UEFI Bios'.

For Acer, it don't have UEFI. I also search few information says that secured boot is actually preventing the installation but my laptop don't have that function.

Did you mean memtest86?

Yeah

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

The default option of unetbootin does not always work for me. I have to select install or the live USB boot option.

Did you download the right iso for your architecture, 32bit or 64bit?

CPU: Intel 3770k Cooling: Corsair H100i Motherboard: MSI Z77 MPower Memory: 2x4gb Corsair 1600 ddr3 GPU: Sapphire 6950 2gb with reference Cooler PSU: XFX pro 650w Case: Corsair Carbide 500r Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, 2x Samsung 1TB, 1x Seagate 2TB

CPU: Pentium 4 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8SGXL Memory: 2GB ddr Storage: 250GB IDE OS: FreeBSD

BTW it's possible that none if them work because they are all based on the same Linux distro. So if there is a problem with the support for your hardware in the underlying system you're going to run into it across multiple distro's that are based on that one distro.

CPU: Intel 3770k Cooling: Corsair H100i Motherboard: MSI Z77 MPower Memory: 2x4gb Corsair 1600 ddr3 GPU: Sapphire 6950 2gb with reference Cooler PSU: XFX pro 650w Case: Corsair Carbide 500r Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, 2x Samsung 1TB, 1x Seagate 2TB

CPU: Pentium 4 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8SGXL Memory: 2GB ddr Storage: 250GB IDE OS: FreeBSD