Help with new Bootdrive SSD

Lethal Vector

Okay so I have a computer with a 120GB Corsair neutron gtx ssd as the bootdrive, then I have a 1TB Hdd for extra storage. I just bought a 250GB samsung 840 EVO.

Isn't the Evo faster than the current one I have so wouldn't it make since for that one to be the main boot drive? and then also, I have the windows key for the os, but not the CD. Is this a problem for doing a fresh install? Or is doing a data migration okay? (I dont have a sata to usb cable.)

Just do a data migration using samsung's software that came with the ssd. If you can't find a usb to sata cable you could probably just plug it straight into you sata ports on the motherboard aha

Then it's just a matter of changing the boot priority in the BIOS

i7 4770k currently @ stock | 2x Sapphire r9 290 Tri-x in crossfire | 16 GB GSkill trident X @ 2400 Mhz | Asus z87 Sabertooth | NZXT h440 | NZXT Kraken x60 | Corsair RM1000 | BenQ XL2420TE

I'm fairly sure it shouldn't as long as your using the same motherboard. If I am wrong someone should be here to correct me pretty soon.

i7 4770k currently @ stock | 2x Sapphire r9 290 Tri-x in crossfire | 16 GB GSkill trident X @ 2400 Mhz | Asus z87 Sabertooth | NZXT h440 | NZXT Kraken x60 | Corsair RM1000 | BenQ XL2420TE

Most people recommend just freshly installing Windows. As for the product key thing, I believe there is a way on the windows website to download the os to put on a flash drive if you enter your product key. 

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

If I do a fresh install, Would I have to mess with my motherboard drivers and reset my overclock or anything like that?

If I do a fresh install, Would I have to mess with my motherboard drivers and reset my overclock or anything like that?

If your drivers aren't built in to Windows yes you will have too mess with those. I would suggest checking the company websites for current drivers even if Windows pulls a suitable driver because most of the time it's not the most current...

Are your overclock settings set in BIOS?  If they are set in BIOS no you will not have to redue them.  If they are set with software loaded in the OS then yes you will..