Search for software to manage desktops

Go to solution Solved by arkon,

What do you mean? PowerPoint's multidesktop features are great, especially in PowerPoint 2013.

Hey guys,

For an upcoming event I need to control a beamer (technicaly 2, but they are in duplicate mode) and I also have a monitor in front of me.

What I'm searching for is a program that allows me to manage the beamers via the monitor so that the audience can only see the contents/programs/windows I select to be shown on the beamer much like it is possible on mac (I believe with powerpoint). The audience should NOT see anything like a desktop or the cursor or anything, only i.e. the image in full screen.

The contents I have to show will be mostly video and several pictures, maybe (but not mandatory) a simple program.

The setup will be as shown in the picture (ps skills off the chart), and I use win7 64bit.

post-22255-0-48609400-1369841827.jpg

Well why not extend the desktop to both the projectors and monitor and then use the projectors desktop to show the powerpoint or whatever?

hm i'll look up what possibilities I have with powerpoint but I believe that it won't do. Tried it already briefly but couldn't get it to work properly so any alternatives would be great.

Anyways thank you

Edit: i know that extending the desktop and arranging the windows would be the easiest way (I have a 3 monitor setup at home) but I need something more "professional" looking

What do you mean? PowerPoint's multidesktop features are great, especially in PowerPoint 2013.

So I finally got PowerPoint 2013 to work and it seems like everything's fine. Thanks for the advice :)