java on android?

bbqsauce
Go to solution Solved by ionbasa,

so for websites that use desktop java i won't be able to use it on android?

No. Android currently uses DVM (Dalvik VM) while regular desktop apps use JVM. There is no cross compatibility between applets unfortunately.

from what i have found, my nexus supports java, however i'm trying to access a website which has a java applet and it refuses to load, am i missing something?

currently using Nexus 5 4.4.4 D821 with chrome.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

from what i have found, my nexus supports java, however i'm trying to access a website which has a java applet and it refuses to load, am i missing something?

currently using Nexus 5 4.4.4 D821 with chrome.

I can't access some sites with java on my droid on chrome either. I have to use a specific browser for it.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

I can't access some sites with java on my droid on chrome either. I have to use a specific browser for it.

may i know what browser you are using to access them?

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

may i know what browser you are using to access them?

OMG, I'm an idiot. I was thinking of flash, not java. Flashfox is the browser, but it's for flash xD

However, I did a small bit of googling, and found this, hopefully that'll help.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

Chrome and other browsers will support Javascript natively.

Note: Javascript and not JAVA.

There is no easy way to run Java Applets on Android. It isn't natively supported by the java version running on Android.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

OMG, I'm an idiot. I was thinking of flash, not java. Flashfox is the browser, but it's for flash xD

However, I did a small bit of googling, and found this, hopefully that'll help.

currently already have that option enabled, still doesn't work :S thanks tho

Chrome and other browsers will support Javascript natively.

Note: Javascript and not JAVA.

There is no easy way to run Java Applets on Android. It isn't natively supported by the java version running on Android.

No. Android currently uses DVM (Dalvik VM) while regular desktop apps use JVM. There is no cross compatibility between applets unfortunately.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

oh man, that's sad. 

thanks for the help

The programming language of android applications is still Java, but it uses a different virtual machine that doesn't support as much as the desktop variant.

Java Programmer, AMD Fanboy and soon to be casemodder