Chromecast assistance required

Napalm Death

I bought a Chromecast today and, aside from Amazon Prime not being compatible in the UK :angry: , I love it!

The issue I'm having is finding a way to stream media stored on my PC to the Chromecast using my iPad/Nexus 5. So I would be accessing the files on the PC using the mobile device and streaming from there to the TV.

Is there and app which can do this? I have searched around without much success.

Many thanks

n_d

download allcast on your device

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

download allcast on your device

Attempting this, but I'm forever stuck on the 'Loading...' screen when I select 'Media Server'

Attempting this, but I'm forever stuck on the 'Loading...' screen when I select 'Media Server'

Ignore that suggestion. Plex is the only answer worth considering. Run Plex Media Server on your PC then install the app for iOS or Android.

If you want a "trial" of the Plex app, there are many places online where you can obtain the APK. But honestly it's well worth the 3 quid.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep. I've come to this conclusion now :)

Shame I might have to pay for the app twice (iPad and Nexus 5), but it's still probably worth it.

Just heard about the new Windows media stream dongle thing which might change the whole game completely!