780Ti 3gb or 770 2gb sli?

I am going to buy a new pc but i can't decide between a gtx 780Ti 3gb or gtx 770 2gb in sli.

What are the bennefits? or the downsides? Please help me with this.

Well getting 770 in SLI will give you better performance and more power consumption, getting 780TI will get you a more future-proof setup as you could upgrade to another one later, and less power consuming.

Build: GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 780 CPU: Intel i5 4690 MoBo: AsRock Fatal1ty H97 Killer RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB PSU: Seasonic 550W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Obsidian 500R

sorry im still a pc noob. but what do you mean by 290x?

sorry im still a pc noob. but what do you mean by 290x?

R9 290X, a competing card to the 780 ti  that has almost the same performance and cost less.

R9 290X, a competing card to the 780 ti  that has almost the same performance and cost less.

much less

Ah tnx, now i understand it's a amd card.

Yes, if you are planning to get one, do not get the single fan cooler, look at cards from asus, msi, sapphire, do NOT get the original cooler as its prone to overheating.

other then that its a brilliant card imo.

290x or if you really have to have it 780 ti.

And why not 770 sli?

I just want to know why? what are the bennefits?

And why not 770 sli?

SLI is never perfect. You don't get "twice the framerate" from twice the cards, plus there's often driver issues. Also SLI'ing to cards will consume more power and produce more heat. You're better off getting the single most powerful card you can afford now, and then if you want more performance later you can get another one of that same card, rather than a third 770.

And why not 770 sli?

Mostly because if you buy a R9 290 or 290 X you are going to get much better performance once you get a second card, and if you can choose ALWAYS get one high end card over two mid.

Mostly because if you buy a R9 290 or 290 X you are going to get much better performance once you get a second card, and if you can choose ALWAYS get one high end card over two mid.

Ah. Thanks for all the responses! I will think about it.

Thanks!

Try  not to go SLI because the performance is spotty and different for each game. Trust me, you will be better off getting one good card.

get the ASUS Strix 780 6GB version , it's sexy

CPU: Intel i5-4670K CPU Cooler: Swiftech H240-X Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark 1 Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz 16GB Storage:  Samsung 850 evo 250GB ,1TB WD BLUE, Seagate Barracuda 2TB GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX970 4GB Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair AX760 Full Modular Monitor: Dell 23" S2340L IPS Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Mouse: Logitech G502(w/ Mi Metal Mousepad) Headphone: Audio Technica ATH-M50/MSR-7 Speaker: Edifier Studio 7 R2730DB

If you have the money for it, 780ti putting up with SLI is a pain.

signatures are the illuminati #mkultragotcha

Get a 780, or wait for the 880 (possibly 980 according to the rumors of name switchery).

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

At What resolution you game?

If it's 1080p then SLI sounds a cheaper option ..

If you game at higher resolutions then 2GB might not be enough.

Rig1LianLi O11 Dynamic Evo | Asus Crosshair VIII Formula | Ryzen 9 5950x  | 2TB Gen 4 | 64 GB  RTX 4090 | Samsung 49" 5120x1440 

Rig2: TT Tower 200 | Asus X670e-i | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | 2TB Gen 5 | 64 GB  RTX 4090 | Samsung 57" 7680x2160  | Oculus Quest Pro