Why Should We Forget Windows 8?

-snip-

So basically what you're saying is that if you remove the biggest problem with Windows 8, it becomes slightly less bad. No shit. If you remove the Metro UI and Charms then it's basically Windows 7 steamrolled.

Windows 8(.1) is a seriously great operating system in my opinion, when you have fixed the few flaws it has that is. If they hadn't fucked up the start menu with the "Modern UI" nonsense everyone would have loved it and it really is a shame. So many people have missed an OS that really is a ton better than Windows 7.

Yep, and Honda Civics make great sports cars if you put a v8 in them.

Actually yes, I preferred it over Windows 7 actually, used it until I got windows 8

Wow. The one person who liked Windows Vista more than Windows 7. We found him, Microsoft.

"Hey everyone, I'm captainlolz7, and Windows Vista was my idea!"

*gets shot in face, falls dead*

I know right? It's such a simple fix, but people will much rather hate and be ignorant...

Again, it's a simple fix for a glaring user interaction issue. The user should not have to make an operating system usable, it should be usable OOTB.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Yep, and Honda Civics make great sports cars if you put a v8 in them.

Again, it's a simple fix for a glaring user interaction issue. The user should not have to make an operating system usable, it should be usable OOTB.

It should, I'm not disagreeing with you, but as a power user this shouldn't be much of a concern. Windows 8 with a few mods is better than Windows 7 will ever be, and for people who are comfortable installing that I don't see how that's a problem.

For the record a Civic will make a fine trackday car with a little boost, no need to swap a big V8 into it (although that would be fun as well, 800kg chassis with an LS7... :D )

It should, I'm not disagreeing with you, but as a power user this shouldn't be much of a concern. Windows 8 with a few mods is better than Windows 7 will ever be, and for people who are comfortable installing that I don't see how that's a problem.

Because it's yet another program on a platform rife with bloat that is relatively unstable to boot.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I have never seen the bluescreen on my windows 8 pc. Windows 8 FTW!

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Wow. The one person who liked Windows Vista more than Windows 7. We found him, Microsoft.

"Hey everyone, I'm captainlolz7, and Windows Vista was my idea!"

*gets shot in face, falls dead*

Windows 7 just looks meh, was not great really, don't actually see the fuss is about, Windows 8 is really good too, its just people are scared of change, because to them its stepping out of their comfort zone and feels not weird to them.

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Windows 7 just looks meh, was not great really, don't actually see the fuss is about, Windows 8 is really good too, its just people are scared of change, because to them its stepping out of their comfort zone and feels not weird to them.

The change was bad though. From a user interaction standpoint, it's poorly designed. Almost no UX designer would have made that mistake.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Sorry, late night post. I meant laptops. The mobile interface is shit and microsoft is just leaching off the smartphone market.

I don't think it's particularly good for laptops either only place without included specialized desktops(like HTPCs or SteamMachine-Esque rigs and other desktops where 8s features come in handy) would be convertable tablet-laptop hybrids

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Honestly, I put of getting windows 8 because of all the hate; and the same goes for the 8.1 upgrade. But I got a copy of 8.1 pro around a month ago, and I actually like it. After trying it for myself, I just don't see what all the fuss is about anymore.

Still better than 7 though.

I wouldn't say THAT, but as far as Windows goes I think XP has been the best so far, followed by Windows 7 and Windows 95.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I wouldn't say THAT, but as far as Windows goes I think XP has been the best so far, followed by Windows 7 and Windows 95.

What do you mean by the best, though? From a technical stand point 8 is a lot better than anything M$ has produced this far.

Ah, but that list is just personal preference though. For me it goes XP, Windows 7, windows 8.1 (yes I do personally rank it this high after using it for myself), Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0 (used in school a fair bit).

From a technical stand point 8 is a lot better than anything M$ has produced this far.

Yeah but it's hella fucking bloated. My 64-bit bootcamp install took up 18GB of space the first time I booted it up after finishing updates.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Considering we can buy 6tb hard drives and above, and run multiple hard drives in a system, I don't think that 18gb is even a footnote in storage terms anymore. Your kind of clutching at straws with that one, in my opinion anyway.