Primary drive and secondary drive eject-able as removable storage

Go to solution Solved by Zeke,

Turn off SATA hot-swap in the BIOS. And it's actually impossible to safely eject the system drive (I've tried :D )

My question is how can I fix this. I don't want to accidentally eject my SSD when I need to remove my USB.

c40e8d4390.png

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Turn off SATA hot-swap in the BIOS. And it's actually impossible to safely eject the system drive (I've tried :D )

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Nothing helpful for the thread, but

I... wut? That's stupid ._.

i never eject my drives before removing them, but disableing hotswap might do it

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I'll try that, the thing is I have never had that enabled, nor have I even enabled it. Why would it have appeared now?

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

I'll try that, the thing is I have never had that enabled, nor have I even enabled it. Why would it have appeared now?

Maybe it was enabled by default? I had the same situation on my Maximus IV and disabling hot-swap on that particular SATA port helped me.

Maybe it was enabled by default? I had the same situation on my Maximus IV and disabling hot-swap on that particular SATA port helped me.

I did work, however I did notice something annoying while I was there. My fantastic motherboard has designated my SSD to be detected as an HDD. Is this something I should be worried about, how can I change it. What might happen if I did.

Spoiler

I did work, however I did notice something annoying while I was there. My fantastic motherboard has designated my SSD to be detected as an HDD. Is this something I should be worried about, how can I change it. What might happen if I did.

Dunno, that's the first time I hear something like that. I'm 99% sure it doesn't matter though.

Dunno, that's the first time I hear something like that. I'm 99% sure it doesn't matter though.

I tried changing it just now, the computer doesn't find the boot MGR when the setting is enabled. Had to change the boot order an launch windows trough Zorin. EDIT: *correction* I meant the thing that allows me to select the OS, it wasn't actually Zorin itself.

It is almost as if Boot MGR was removed completely just by that, I guess I will have to poke around some more and see what I can do. Is there a way to restore Boot MGR somehow. (I think there is)

I love my un-explainable ability to brake stuff when I am trying to make something that is working work better. It makes me feel like a retarded child.

Oh well, worst comes to worst I should be able to get windows back to the same state as it is now in 6 hours or so.

More stuff to remember not to do again. 

Spoiler

I love my un-explainable ability to brake stuff when I am trying to make something that is working work better. It makes me feel like a retarded child.

Yeah, I've learned this lesson a while ago (on my own mistakes):

Don't fix it if it's not broken.

Yeah, I've learned this lesson a while ago (on my own mistakes):

Don't fix it if it's not broken.

If it isn't working perfectly, it is broken.

This is what I live by.

EDIT: I think I can repair it with the installation disk, I'll have to see if it fixes itself first.

Spoiler

If it isn't working perfectly, it is broken.

This is what I live by.

EDIT: I think I can repair it with the installation disk, I'll have to see if it fixes itself first.

Yeah, that's the other way to look at things :D