New to building desktops

Sweenytug

Ive owned laptops all my life, but throughout my childhood, Ive been gaming away quite a few hours. With uni over and some extra cash and time, I decided to get back into it, and I want to do it proper this time.

1) Budget 2000 Dollars (Could but rather not go over)

2) Max everything, maybe some AA at 1080p, for the next year or two (I mainly want to be prepared for Division, and Star Citizen, though I tend to lend all the big titles as they come up)

3) 1 Main monitor, maybe an extended desktop in the future with a second monitor

4) I have got my mouse, and keyboard already, I need a monitor though (24" preferred)

5) I have no other parts, building from nothing up.

My main questions are, how can I meet my aim, and keep as much of my money.

1) Should I get the top GPU now, or consider a future SLI/Crossfire in the future, and start lower end? (I want everything I play smooth, and high settings)

2) Should I wait till 5th gen intels or the next gen GPUs?

3) any buck I can save, helps me, so can I do what I want in a creative way, like mantle, or 3 way crossfire or something?

4) Monitor TF or IPS?

I realize this is a lot of questions, so I appreciate the time spent answering them.

For a monitor I would suggest this: http://www.amazon.com/Dell-WHXV7-24-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00EMB4KVI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Also wait a month or two for the GTX 800 series to be released, the prices for the cards should be lower than what the 700 series prices were, and perform much better.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

For a monitor I would suggest this: http://www.amazon.com/Dell-WHXV7-24-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00EMB4KVI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Also wait a month or two for the GTX 800 series to be released, the prices for the cards should be lower than what the 700 series prices were, and perform much better.

Nobody knows anything about the prices yet, and He's better off buying 2 780 in that case. Because the performance probably won't be that much bigger, all he can do is wait or xfire 290s now

As long as the boxes say Intel and Nvidia everything will be fine.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

1) Should I get the top GPU now, or consider a future SLI/Crossfire in the future, and start lower end? (I want everything I play smooth, and high settings)

Get it now, why spend dopple cash on something you don't need in the future.

2) Should I wait till 5th gen intels or the next gen GPUs?

The little improvement you get isn't worth waiting, but I can relate to that feeling of wanting the newest stuff.

3) any buck I can save, helps me, so can I do what I want in a creative way, like mantle, or 3 way crossfire or something?

anything over 2 way isn't worth it.

4) Monitor TF or IPS?

This depends on personal taste. I like IPS better. 

I would get the best i5 (i7 not really useful for gaming,but gives your PC more swag)  with a Asus z97 board and a 780ti.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

So, this is what I decided to build,

Case - Aerocool GT-S

PSU - Seasonic X-1250

MB- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 3

CPU- i7 4790K

GPU- R9 290x or GTX 780ti (brand unsure)

Ram- Kingston HyperX (1x8GB) (for future upgrade)

SSD- 240 GB Kingston

CPU Cooler - 120mm Seidon Water Cooler

Seems to be in my budget, and meet my needs, with good future proofing. The PSU is overkill, but on discount. Before I go and buy the parts, is it all compatible, no bottle necks, or bad choices?

Finally, I saw Gigabyte gaming GT has 2 PCIEX8 slots, whereas Gaming 3 has 1 PCIEX8 and 1 PCIEX4 slot, is this important for SLI/CF?