[Can] GTX 640 $20 @ amazon.ca

Dw136

I don't think anyone on here is even considering getting a GT640. 

Why not? It's a great little card for non-gaming purposes

Dang, Its 80 USD in the states

Why not? It's a great little card for non-gaming purposes

There'd be no point in getting it if you're not gaming at all. 

For a low powered machine that does 1080p streaming, word docs and spreadsheets its not bad. At $17, why not?

There'd be no point in getting it if you're not gaming at all. 

How are you going to send a video signal to your monitor without a graphics card?

Onboard..........................................

integrated graphics.....

Most motherboards/CPUs have it...

It's kind of ignorant to think that everyone owns a CPU with an IGP. And there are plenty of CPU's/Motherboards where the IGP is barely usable at best. 

It's kind of ignorant to think that everyone owns a CPU with an IGP

Well, most do anyways... there is always going to be a couple exceptions for everything.

Well, most do anyways... there is always going to be a couple exceptions for everything.

Exactly...

Lol up to $157 now.

Thats because the previous seller went out of stock and it switched to the next cheapest seller

For what it's worth, the GT640 can run a fair few modern games at not horrible settings and frame rates. It's not great but for $100 or less it's not horrible.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Most first gen 775 computers didn't even have integrated GPUs, and some of Intel's and amd IGpus cant even handle 1080p streaming from something like hulu.

Most first gen 775 computers didn't even have integrated GPUs, and some of Intel's and amd IGpus cant even handle 1080p streaming from something like hulu.

Fuck even my Bloomfield CPU didn't come with an IGPU, and that was LGA1366.

This GPU would have been a solid choice for the uber budget type and for those that have no IGPU and bought something like an HD5450 or something just to have a video card for an output.

bloomfield is teh bes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What if this is used purely as a physx-processor while main AMD card runs most parts of games?

Is that possible?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

What if this is used purely as a physx-processor while main AMD card runs most parts of games?

Is that possible?

I think it used to be, but Nvidia put an end to that.

For 20 bucks this could be useful for multi-monitors and such. You certainly could do some light gaming with it. 

Will it play League at a playable frame rate? i'll tell my brother about it if so. He plays at like 10-20fps

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I had to use one for a while. I cant pretend 1080p gaming was amazing but with settings turned down it was def playable. For $20 it's worth it especially if you have a really old PC and very little money you can spend on your PC. Bear in mind I paid £33.50 for it and sold it not long after for like £17.

Pfft i bought a GT 430 for $30 not that long ago for my HTPC and while my main computer was out of commission i used it and was actually able to play some games. I would have bought a GT 640 at $17 in a heartbeat. Actually i probably woulda bought a few of them.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

I'd get it. It would be just a little slower than my 6770 and I just got done playing Saints Row The Third maxed out at 1080p getting ~40fps. 

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

well i would say GT 640 Can run battefield 4 on medium smoothly

my friend have it on his Rig

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

My integrated graphics is like 640*400. Its rediculously low resolution to the point where software is impossible.