Anyone here try OSX Yosemite yet?

I have to go find my Mac mini and install it later, but im just wondering if anyone else has tried using it yet?

I mean the beta

OH, and is Final Cut Pro any good? 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

My post will be somewhat related to Yosemite:

Can anyone tl;dr the OS for us lazy folk? I'm curious about it but not bad enough to look everything up.

Final Cut Pro X is awesome. I use it all the time.

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

For those asking:

Yosemite is a huge UI overhaul, and will be immediately familiar to those used to iOS 7- icons are flat and colorful, the UI has lots of transparency effects, and the system typeface is now Helvetica Neue.

As for features, all the apps are redesigned, Safari is now more compact, Spotlight is now a pop up window that also searches Internet sources (ie for movie tickets and such), the system has efficiency upgrades to manage RAM a little better, and new things such as being able to drag phone numbers and email addresses from web pages or apps to other apps. Mainly, it's a redesign.

It also works with iOS, so your calls and SMS messages now will go through the phone to your mac, so you can answer them from there if you want. Lastly, Continuity is a big feature, meaning if you had, for example, an email open, some Safari tabs in the background, and Spotify was playing a song, you just connect your phone to your Mac with Bluetooth, set it down next to it, lock it, and all the apps and even fields with text in them will carry over seamlessly. So your email would be there, ready to finish writing, Spotify would boot up and play through your Mac (and pause your phone), and Safari would open with all the tabs you had open before. This also works vice-versa.

Lastly, Continuity is a big feature, meaning if you had, for example, an email open, some Safari tabs in the background, and Spotify was playing a song, you just connect your phone to your Mac with Bluetooth, set it down next to it, lock it, and all the apps and even fields with text in them will carry over seamlessly. So your email would be there, ready to finish writing, Spotify would boot up and play through your Mac (and pause your phone), and Safari would open with all the tabs you had open before. This also works vice-versa.

This is what I want on Windows :(

This is what I want on Windows :(

Don't worry. You'll get many new innovative features with the next Windows release, like a start menu that you...oh wait...you guys have had that for awhile, right? ;)

Yosemite is really stable. I recommend the Public Beta to everyone who has a key, the new Continuity features kick ass. Just be careful with iCloud Drive though, you can lose your data if you aren't.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Don't worry. You'll get many new innovative features with the next Windows release, like a start menu that you...oh wait...you guys have had that for awhile, right? ;)

Yosemite is really stable. I recommend the Public Beta to everyone who has a key, the new Continuity features kick ass. Just be careful with iCloud Drive though, you can lose your data if you aren't.

Would love to do a hackintosh with that but I don't think my hardware would work (would it?) and my dad doesn't want to void the EULA :P

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Would love to do a hackintosh with that but I don't think my hardware would work (would it?) and my dad doesn't want to void the EULA :P

Feel free to check here:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.10_Seeds

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |