Amazon has sold no more than 35,000 Fire phones, data suggests

Kevinkt

Right now, any new phone manufacturer is pretty much moot in comaprison to Apple and the big Android manufacturers. There is literally no way in, unless you convince millions of people that your device is worth abandoning their current hardware, ecoststem and money spent on apps for.

Ha Apple sells more then that In like the first hour of them being released.

It has decent specs, but the fact that its ATT only really deplets the consumer interest in it

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Does Amazon have 35,000 employees?

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Well it doesn't help it's an AT&T exclusive not to mention their commercials are horrible, whoever thought this was a good idea should be beaten with a shovel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3Vcm00n1oU

Yup, I really don't see how a free year of Amazon Prime is worth it when you are paying $600 for a phone that costs $300

That's what you get when you try and sell a product who's only purpose is literally to get you to buy other products...

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Amazon, what was the point of making phone instead of releasing an app (Firefly) again?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

wuuaahahahahahahaha :lol:  :D  :lol:  :D  the name could not be funnier for a phone considering the recent pillow-fires, plan evacs and exploding pants.

Those commercials though...

Right? they hyped this up and it flop'd

Right? they hyped this up and it flop'd

I wouldn't say hype so much as... made awful commercials.

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

And even then I don't think they care too much about the sales numbers, they done it because they can. 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900